Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Garfield the movie (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=4651)

sisboombah 06-29-03 04:32 PM

Garfield the movie

im sure some of you must of heard about this film being made? and im sure that most of you must be looking forward to it. well i am i used to watch garfield and friends whilst reading and drawing the comics when i was a kid. im so looking foward to this film...im not expecting it to be brilliant but it will hopefully still be fun to watch.

heres the PLOT summary from imdb.com

In this CGI film of the classic comic book cat known as Garfield, Garfields life is great. He eats, and sleeps, and thats all. Now, his owner, Jon Arbuckle, just got a lovable pooch named Odie. Garfield's life spirals out of control now that Odie is in the same household as him. One night, Odie is kidnapped, and Garfield feels that he is the blame for what happened. Garfield sets off to find the crook, and get Odie back.

CAST:

Breckin Meyer .... Jon Arbuckle
Bill Murray .... Garfield (voice)
Jennifer Love Hewitt .... Dr. Liz Wilson
Stephen Tobolowsky .... Walter J. Chapman
Geoffrey Gould .... Milkman

im so happy that bill murray is the voice of garfield. i cant think of everyone else better for the part.

it comes out in 2004. ;)

megatron 06-30-03 02:07 AM

I like the idea of the Garfield movie but i want to see the preview to see how they plan to create garfield.

LordSlaytan 12-14-03 12:58 AM

The trailer is very underwhelming. :indifferent:

Kong 12-14-03 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
The trailer is very underwhelming. :indifferent:
And that's putting it nicely.

Muzzy 12-14-03 02:12 AM

I agree that Bill Murray would make the perfect voice, but I have my doubts about the actual movie.

projectMayhem 12-14-03 01:18 PM

Looks like they completely killed this one. Why is Garfield dancing around the whole time? Makes no sense. He's supposed to be lazy, not a feline version of Richard Simmons.

led_zeppelin 12-14-03 05:16 PM

Every time I try to watch a trailer of any kind, my computer freezes. EVERY TIME! So I have one question, is this kinda like Homeward Bound where there are real animals, but w/ voices, or is Garfield comp. animated?

jrs 12-14-03 05:30 PM

Just saw the trailer and did absolutely nothing for me. I'd rather, to be honest, watch Garfield comic strips on the big screen with voices for the quotations.

LordSlaytan 12-14-03 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Every time I try to watch a trailer of any kind, my computer freezes. EVERY TIME! So I have one question, is this kinda like Homeward Bound where there are real animals, but w/ voices, or is Garfield comp. animated?
It's Hulk like animation, but much hokier.

Garrett 12-14-03 07:04 PM

Hollywood slaughters everything. Garfield kicks ass, but come on....

led_zeppelin 12-14-03 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Garrett
Hollywood slaughters everything. Garfield kicks ass, but come on....

It didn't slaughter the FIRST 2 Batman movies. Or Spiderman, yes it is overrated, it's still a good movie. I don't wanna watch the Hulk.

Holden Pike 12-14-03 07:35 PM

I absolutely LOVE Bill Murray. He's my hero.

And I wouldn't watch this ridiculous Garfield thing if they paid me...which seems unlikely (though it is certainly negotiable. Call me, Fox reps!).

Garrett 12-14-03 07:40 PM

It didn't slaughter the FIRST 2 Batman movies. Or Spiderman, yes it is overrated, it's still a good movie. I don't wanna watch the Hulk.
I didn't think that would be taken quite so literally...

led_zeppelin 12-14-03 07:48 PM

I didn't think that would be taken quite so literally...
Well, I can't think of another way of taking, "Hollywood slaughters everything." Is there a double meaning that I didn't pick up or something? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just kinda dense.

Garrett 12-14-03 07:49 PM

Well, I can't think of another way of taking, "Hollywood slaughters everything." Is there a double meaning that I didn't pick up or something? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just kinda dense.
No, I probably should have chosen my words better. Sorry :)

led_zeppelin 12-14-03 07:53 PM

No, I probably should have chosen my words better. Sorry :)

INDEED YOU SHOULD HAVE! (just kidding) ahe he

Jackie Malfoy 12-15-03 07:53 PM

I did not know that they made a movie of Garfield when did this happen?

I lilke the comics but I don't think that I would like it as a movie it is already a comic and a cartoon why do they have to make it a movie?
Even if I think it is going to be a flop like "Cats and Dogs" but it still sounds interesting and cute so maybe I will see it!
See you around!JM :p ;) :cool:

Ezikiel 12-16-03 03:34 PM

Movie looks like crap, I will never see it, enough said....:indifferent:

Philmster 12-16-03 05:43 PM

I love Garfield, used to collect the books, and get daily e-mails.

Bill Murray is the perfect casting for Garfield, but other than that, the film sounds really bad and the trailer looks it.

suppression 12-17-03 12:05 AM

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I'm glad to see Murray portray Garfield.

PS: They need to re-release Garfield's Christmas on DVD!! I can't find it anywhere!!