Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   HOF Organization Thread (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=43149)

seanc 09-27-15 03:45 PM

HOF Organization Thread

Hall Of Fame Organization Thread

Your one stop shop for all things MoFo Hall Of Fame.

Specialty HOF Schedule:

Next:
Spaghetti Western: (Neiba)

Later Date:

1930's: (Citizen Rules)
Mega HOF: (Friendly Mushroom)

1st Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Psycho (1960 Alfred Hitchcock)
Nominations: Duck Soup, The Producers, Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind, The Purple Rose Of Cairo, Robocop, Farewell My Concubine, American History X, The Big Lebowski, Eyes Wide Shut, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

2nd Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
The Apartment (1960 Billy Wilder)
Nominations: Sherlock Jr., Blithe Spirit, On The Waterfront, Dr. Strangelove, Faces, Cabaret, Stalker, After Hours, Dark City, Memento, Gone Baby Gone

3rd Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
400 Blows (1959 Francois Truffaut)
Nominations: Some Like It Hot, The Swimmer, Nashville, Hausa, Sex Lies & Videotape, The Insider, Once Were Warriors, The Straight Story, The Wind Will Carry Us, The Hedgehog, Mary And Max, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Dr. Zhivago

4th Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Sansho The Baliff (1954 Kenji Mizoguchi) Autumn The Sonata (1978 Ingmar Bergman) Tie
Nominations: Trouble In Paradise, Singin' In The Rain, On The Waterfront, Bigger Than Life, Sweet Smell Of Success, Yojimbo, 8 1/2, Primal Fear, Ed Wood, Utena, Punch Drunk Love, Spring Summer Fall Winter And Spring, Cherry Blossoms, Synecdoche New York

5th Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
A Separation (2011 Asghar Farhadi)
Nominations: The Wizard Of Oz, The Wages Of Fear, Ordet, Plein Soleil, Le Trou, Divorce Italian Style, Claire's Knee, A Woman Under The Influence, Unforgiven, Bullets Over Broadway, Boy's Don't Cry, Quills, Sideways, Wadjda

6th Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
All Quiet On The Western Front (1930 Lewis Milestone)
Nominations: Foreign Correspondent, Late Spring, Fail Safe, Woman In The Dunes, Pierrot Le Fou, Das Boot, Raise The Red Lantern, This Boy's Life, A Perfect World, Sonatine, The Sweet Hereafter, Rushmore, Blue Car, Ten, Brokeback Mountain, Before The Devil Knows Your Dead, The Man From Earth, K-ON!

7th Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
The Shawshank Redemption (1994 Frank Darabont)
Nominations: Freaks, You Can't Take It With You, Letter From An Unknown Woman, Bob Le Flambeur, The Hustler, Harakiri, The Blues Brothers, Before Sunrise, Festen, Being John Malkovich, Platform, The Poker House, Inglorious Basterds, Take Shelter, Killer Joe, Wolf Children, Tales Of Princess Kaguya

8th Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Paths Of Glory (1957 Stanley Kubrick)
Nominations: Anatomy of a Murder, A Man for All Seasons, Coming Home, The Gold Rush, GoodFellas, Head-On, Lady Killer, My Life as a Dog, Patlabor 2: The Movie, The Road Warrior, The Shop Around the Corner, Spirited Away

9th Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
The Best Years Of Our Lives (1946 William Wyler)
Nominations: The Magnificent Ambersons, The Rules Of The Game, Brief Encounter, Leave Her To Heaven, Death Race, Mikey And Nickey, The Piano, Dead Man Walking, Adaptation, No Man's Land, The Lives Of Others, The Descendants, Beasts Of The Southern Wild. Time Lapse

10th Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
The Empire Strikes Back (1980 Irvin Kirshner) East Of Eden (1955 Elia Kazan)
Nominations: The Lucky Ones, Cul-De-Sac, Amour, My Man Godfrey, Blade Runner, Lilya-4-Ever, Ugetsu, Dead Man's Shoes

11th Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Her (2013 Spike Jonze)
Nominations: Moonrise Kingdom, Samurai Rebellion, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Bringing Up Baby, The Flowers Of War, Ida, The Dead Girl, Goodbye Lenin, Bashu the Little Stranger, Ronin

12th Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Casablanca (1942, Michael Curtiz)
Nominations: Withnail & I, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Never Let Me Go, Romper Stomper, The City Of Lost Children, Barbara, Hiroshima Mon Amour, The Man From Nowhere, Y Tu Mama Tambien, U-Turn, Joe, Midnight Run

13th Hall of Fame:
Winner: Dances With Wolves (Kevin Costner, 1990)
Nominations: Buffalo '66, Dead Poet's Society, Manchester By The Sea, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...and Spring, The Marriage of Maria Braun,The Three Musketeers, Captain Fantastic, The Great Dictator, The Broken Circle Breakdown, Nightmare Alley, Forbidden Games, The Quiet Earth, Wings of Desire

14th Hall of Fame
Winner: Contratiempo (2016, Paulo)
Nominations: Passengers, The Hurricane, M, Mommy, Black Snake Moan, Barton Fink, Empire of Passion, La Grand Illusion, Lone Star, Dom Za Vesanje

seanc 09-27-15 03:46 PM

Re: HOF Orginization Thread

Specialty Hall Of Fames:

1st Short Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
La Jetee (1962 Chris Marker)
Nominations: A Trip To The Moon, Un Chien Andalou, High Note, Yango, Darkness Light Darkness, Jidlo, The Wrong Trousers, When It Rains, The Old Man And The Sea, La Lettre, Garden Of Words, Scorpio Rising

2nd Short Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Harvie Krumpet (2003 Adam Elliot)
Nominations: At Land, Charlotte And Her Boyfriend, The House Is Black, Franz Kafka's It's A Wonderful Life, The House Of Small Cubes, The Terrys, The Paperman, Time Travel Lover, Hotel Chevalier

3rd Short Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Tale Of Tales (1979 Yuriy Norshteyn)
Nominations: A Trip to The Moon, Night & Fog, Pas De Deux, Magnetic Rose, Guard Dog, Interior Design, I Don't Want To Go Back Alone, Elefante, Two & Two, Ashes

4th Short Hall of Fame:
Winner: A Dog's Life (Charlie Chaplin, 1918)
Nominations: The Rink, The Mystery of the Leaping Fish, Never Weaken, The Three Stooges "Pop goes the Easel", Peace on Earth, Bomb, The Cameraman's Revenge, Everything will be OK, Inaka Isha a.k.a. Franz Kafka's A Country Doctor, Spider, Tsumiki no ie a.k.a. The House of Small Cubes, Animal Beatbox, Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo, The Ventriloquist, Envelope, Paperman, Dust, Feast, Flankers

Looney Tunes Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Duck Amuck (1953, Chuck Jones)
Nominations: Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2 Century, Rabbit Seasoning, Drip-Along Daffy, The Scarlet Pumpernickel, Rabbit of Seville, Baseball Bugs, Long-Haired Hare,
One Froggy Evening, Operation: Rabbit, Carrotblanca, Pappys Puppy

Animated Shorts Hall of Fame:
Winner: The Great Piggy Bank Robbery (1946, Bob Clampett)
Nominations: Der Fuehrer's Face, King-Size Canary, The Cat Concerto, Steven Universe: Last One Out of Beach City, The Monk & The Monkey, A Tale of Two Kitties, Little Rural Riding Hood, Transylvania 6-5000, Hair-Raising Hare, Big House Bunny, Ballot Box Bunny, Captain Hareblower, Donald's Golf Game, Cobweb Hotel, StoryCorps - Danny & Annie

Horror Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Nosferatu (1979 Werner Herzog)
Nominations: The Haunting, Rosemary's Baby, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, The Night Stalker, Suspiria, Possession, May, The Ring, A Tale Of Two Sisters, Alyce Kills, You're Next

Slasher Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Halloween (1978 John Carpenter)
Nominations: Alice Sweet Alice, Christmas Evil, Dressed To Kill, Terror Train, Happy Birthday To Me, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Jason X, Jeepers Creepers, Hatchet

Science Fiction Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
The Thing (1982 John Carpenter)
Nominations: The Face Of Another, Planet Of The Apes, Time After Time, Escaoe From New York, Blade Runner, Brazil, Starship Troopers, Children Of Men, Paprike, Snowpiercer

Film Noir Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
In A Lonely Place (1950 Nicholas Ray)
Nominations: Out Of The Past, The Third Man, Pickup On South Street, Laura, Sunset Blvd., Shadow Of A Doubt, The Wrong Man, Double Indemnity, The Big Combo, The Lady From Shanghai, The Set Up, Sweet Smell Of Success

Animated Musical Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Beauty And The Beast (1991 Disney)
Nominations: Pinocchio, Fantasia, Alice In Wonderland, The Jungle Book, Charlotte's Web, Allegro Non Troppo, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Lion King, South Park, Sita Sings The Blues

Documentary Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Exit Through The Gift Shop (2010 Banksy)
Nominations: Baraka, Enron, Dear Zachary, The Impostor, Beauty Day, West Of Memphis, The Kingdom Of Dreams And Madness, Triumph Of The Will, Food Inc., The Last Train Home, Leni Riefenstahl

Sci-fi/Horror Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Alien (1979 Ridley Scott)
Nominations: Videodrome, Sunshine, Cube, 28 Days Later, The Host, The Fly, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, Pandorum, The Hidden, Event Horizon

European Horror Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari (1920 Robert Wiene)
Nominations: The Cremator, Cannibal Holocaust, The Devil's Backbone, Suspiria, Frontiers, The Orphanage, Lisa And The Devil, Eyes Without A Face, Daughters Of Darkness, Amer

B-Movie Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Miami Connection (1987 Richard Park)
Nominations: Blood Feast, Humanoids From The Deep, The Exterminator, The Toxic Avenger, The Dungeonmaster, Hard Ticket To Hawaii, Ghost Ship

WW II Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Judgement At Nuremberg (1961 Stanley Kramer)
Nominations: So Proudly We Hail, The Great Escape, The Big Red One, Au Revoir Les Enfants, Downfall, Giovanni's Isalnd

50's Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Witness For The Prosecution (1958 Billy Wilder)
Nominations: Stage Fright, Caged!, Rashomon, Ace In The Hole, High Noon, Ikiru, La Strada, Twenty-Four Eyes, Smile Of A Summer Night, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Wild Strawberries, The Gazebo

Western Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Once Upon A Time In The West (1968 Sergio Leone)
Nominations: Day Of The Outlaw, One-Eyed Jacks, Dead Man, El Topo, The Bravados, Calamity Jane, The Professionals, Red River, Stagecoach, Young Guns, McCabe & Mrs. Miller

50's Part II Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
12 Angry Men (1957, Sidney Lumet)
Nominations: Dial M For Murder, The Big Country, All About Eve, Steel Helmet, Detective Story, The Band Wagon, Strangers On A Train, The Hitch-Hiker, Tokyo Story, I Vitelloni, The Killing

Noir Part II Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
The Big Sleep (1946, Howard Hawks)
Nominations: The Maltese Falcon, Scarlet Street, The Killers, Kansas City Confidential, I Confess, Kiss Me Deadly, The Night Of The Hunter, A Face In The Crowd, Touch Of Evil

Silent Era Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Wings (1927, William Wellman)
Nominations: The Big Parade, Sunrise, Diary Of A Lost Girl, Nosferatu, The Crowd

40's Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Laura (1944 Otto Preminger)
Nominations: Waterloo Bridge, The Suspect, Murderers Are Among Us, Shadow Of A Doubt, The Little Foxes, How Green Was My Valley, Rope, Arsenic And Old Lace, The Thief Of Bagdad, Pursued, Fantasia

Animation Hall Of Fame:
Winner:
Wall-E (2008 Andrew Stanton)
Nominations: Waltz With Bashir, Treasure Island, Castle Of Cagliostro, The Last Unicorn, Secret Of Nimh, Night On The Galactic Railroad, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Madagascar 2, Tokyo Godfathers

Live Action Musical Hall of Fame:
Winner:West Side Story (Robert Wise, 1961)
Nominations:Meet Me in St Louis,1776, Godspell, Swing Time, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Pajama Game, Les Demoiselles de Rochefort, Mary Poppins

Musical Artist Hall of Fame:
Winner:Amadeus (Milos Forman, 1984)
Nominations: The Buddy Holly Story, Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny, Pink Floyd - The Wall, Walk the Line, Eddie and the Cruisers, The Idolmaker, Sweet Dreams,La Bamba,School of Rock, The Commitments, Coal Miner’s Daughter, The Jazz Singer, Ray

1940's Hall of Fame II
Winner: The Ghost and Mrs Muir (1947, Joseph L. Mankiewicz)
Nominations: Odd Man Out, Mr. Lucky, The Sea Wolf, Beauty and the Beast, I Remember Mama, Ride the Pink Horse, His Girl Friday, Body and Soul, Double Indemnity, Day of Wrath

Swan 09-27-15 03:56 PM

Re: HOF Orginization Thread

I think after this run of HoF's, I'm done with them. It seems every time one comes along now there is some sort of confrontation.

Glad you're organizing the stuff, though, Sean. You should be. You are ace bruh. I said ace.

cricket 09-27-15 04:02 PM

I'm in

Camo 09-27-15 04:07 PM

Re: HOF Organization Thread

Cricket joins so many HOFs he even joine the Hof organization thread somehow :p

Swan 09-27-15 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1391864)
Cricket joins so many HOFs he even joine the Hof organization thread somehow :p
I was thinking of starting a "Movies Cricket Hates HoF" but now I'm afraid he might join that one too. :D

seanc 09-27-15 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1391854)
I think after this run of HoF's, I'm done with them. It seems every time one comes along now there is some sort of confrontation.

Glad you're organizing the stuff, though, Sean. You should be. You are ace bruh. I said ace.
You will change your mind when I start the Swan's top ten HOF. It will be long though, it consists of about 40 movies.

Citizen Rules 09-27-15 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1391839)
...Seriously, voice all your opinions, dissenting and otherwise and we will work through it.
Will you asked;)....My two cents: no one has the right to tell other members when then can create a Hof thread or any tournament/game thread for that matter, nor do they have the right to hand out schedules.

If your schedule is only a courtesy, design to give people information, that's fine. But I retain the right (as we all do) to create any Hof thread that we want, at anytime.

If too many Hofs are made at one time some will fail, then through trail and error people will know when to make another Hof and when not to. We don't need a hail monitor, we're adults and all of these attempts at conformity by use of schedules and committees takes the fun out of it.

seanc 09-27-15 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1391872)
Will you asked;)....My two cents: no one has the right to tell other members when then can create a Hof thread or any tournament/game thread for that matter, nor do they have the right to hand out schedules.

If your schedule is only a courtesy, design to give people information, that's fine. But I retain the right (as we all do) to create any Hof thread that we want, at anytime.

If too many Hofs are made at one time some will fail, then through trail and error people will know when to make another Hof and when not to. We don't need a hail monitor, we're adults and all of these attempts at conformity by use of schedules and committees takes the fun out of it.
I don't think your alone. Like I said I have more fun when things are organized. I get frustrated when things start and don't end or when there is too much going on for anyone to get a grip on it. I have never seen anyone stopped for trying to start something up so if people want to branch out it shouldn't be an issue. I'll be in till I'm not having fun anymore, and I assume that's how most people approach it. Even with all the stuff going on latelythe main HOF has always run pretty fluidly. So if nothing else I will just stick to those. Hopefully the specials can straighten out though.

Citizen Rules 09-27-15 04:48 PM

I applaud a voluntary schedule of Hofs. I don't abide by mandatory schedules.

Camo 09-27-15 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1391886)
I applaud a voluntary schedule of Hofs. I don't abide by mandatory schedules.
Rebel! :p

To be fair Guap was stopped from making the Sci Fi HOF that one time. Personally i think the schedules are a good thing, as you said some HOFs will fail then they will more than likely be restarted at the right time which is the sole reason for there being a schedule in the first place. I also think too many at one time could cause more dropouts, i have to fight myself from joining HOFs sometimes because i know i probably wont be able to finish, i can see some members getting too overeager with the amount potentionally on offer chances are a few will appeal to them making them kjoin more than they'll realistically be able to finish. These are just a few of my thoughts i'm not that bothered either way.

jiraffejustin 09-27-15 05:38 PM

Good luck, Sean. :D

Gatsby 09-27-15 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1391866)
I was thinking of starting a "Movies Cricket Hates HoF" but now I'm afraid he might join that one too. :D
Everyone nominate Once Upon a Time in America! :p

MovieMeditation 09-27-15 08:13 PM

About planning and not planning a HoF...

How about you just jump in here in this thread and say "Hey, I wanna start this _____ HoF, how would that be to y'all?"

Then you could easily see how many is in, how many is currently in another and wants to join once that's over and how many who are busy but would be free in a week or so etc. In that way we'll sort of organize it, but it isn't strictly run by all members judging when or not you should create a HoF - it's all up to you. It does nothing but help you in fact, to get a better overview of things instead of just throwing it out there and no one's available.

Sane 09-27-15 08:14 PM

This seriously needs someone to take control and I think Sean is a good person to do it. Sorry CR but I disagree with what you said - the HoF was building to be something great when Godoggo controlled everything about it but now it has just become a game. Not saying they aren't fun but apart from the General HoFs they don't really have a point. I think Sean should control a schedule and the rules.

Having the person running it decide on the rules is why there are arguments. The general HoFs follow what Justin and then Godoggo originally envisaged so everyone knows how it works. All HoFs should follow the same rules IMO.

This shouldn't be a democracy. We need a benevolent dictator :)

Camo 09-27-15 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1392054)
Everyone nominate Once Upon a Time in America! :p
Which means he has to watch and review it 12 times.

MovieMeditation 09-27-15 08:19 PM

With what I said above, I do agree with what Sane said though, that all HoF's should have the same basic set of rules.

I'm tired of all those changes and such underway, it would be way easier if we knew the overall rules beforehand - and that would only ensure more focus on discussing movies and not whether a rule is right or not.

Gatsby 09-27-15 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1392069)
Which means he has to watch and review it 12 times.
Only 12 times? Why? We can convince a lot more members to join and nominate the same thing if we want to. :)

Camo 09-27-15 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1392074)
Only 12 times? Why? We can convince a lot more members to join and nominate the same thing if we want to. :)
I was planning on creating 6 or 7 accounts not sure how much Yoda would stand for though.

Gatsby 09-27-15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1392080)
I was planning on creating 6 or 7 accounts not sure how much Yoda would stand for though.
Sexy has about 15 so I assume 6 or 7 is an okay number.

Citizen Rules 09-27-15 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sane (Post 1392067)
This seriously needs someone to take control and I think Sean is a good person to do it. Sorry CR but I disagree with what you said - the HoF was building to be something great when Godoggo controlled everything about it but now it has just become a game. Not saying they aren't fun but apart from the General HoFs they don't really have a point. I think Sean should control a schedule and the rules.

Having the person running it decide on the rules is why there are arguments. The general HoFs follow what Justin and then Godoggo originally envisaged so everyone knows how it works. All HoFs should follow the same rules IMO.

I like Sean, so my objections are about the idea that any one person can tell others on this board what threads they can make. No we don't need a standardized set of HOF rules, this isn't a Communist collective. What's next? A set amount of words that a reviewer has to use? Or perhaps a limit on how many Top favorite list a member can make? What else do you want to make people do? Was it OK that SC created another song tournament today? Would you like to control his threads too?
Not saying they aren't fun but apart from the General HoFs they don't really have a point.
Special Hofs have no point? and just what point do you think they should have?

Good grief:rolleyes:

seanc 09-27-15 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 1392063)
How about you just jump in here in this thread and say "Hey, I wanna start this _____ HoF, how would that be to y'all?"
I'll bring this up now since a little bit of conversation is starting. My thought is we have three special HOF and the main one running all the time. Like MM said when someone has an idea come in here claim it and you go on the board. When one special ends the next on the list starts.

As far as what Sane said the rules in the main HOF are simple and seem to work great. Features under 220 minutes, one week for each nomination. As far as the special HOF go I do think if you come up with it run it by making it as specialized or broad as you choose. As always you will have more participation the more inclusive and flexible you are.

I'm for structure but I do think we are over thinking it a bit. Keep it simple stupid. Thoughts?

Camo 09-27-15 08:33 PM

Pretty sure the only one of SCs "friends" not banned yet are Dorothy and Isaac. Santa Clause too if you're a horrible person and dont believe that is the real St.Nick.

cricket 09-27-15 08:39 PM

I think the phrase "Hall of Fame" comes with a special meaning, and I think they're starting to get a little silly. I think there should be structure and rules in order to have meaning.

MovieMeditation 09-27-15 08:44 PM

There's always gonna be problems no matter what you do... organized or not.

If we organize things, people would get mad and just start their own, which I understand, since why wait just because someone says so? Here I can understand CR, in the way that no one should really tell you when or how.

But then again, many of these "rules" are only for the betterment of these HoFs, so it's not like anyone tries to force tons of stuff down upon you or your HoF. I personally think some basic rules would be nice but keep it simple.

Still, sometimes these HoFs comes together organically and succeeds perfectly without much control (not sure if I'm right, but the Slasher HoF seemed pretty straight forward like that). That's why I'm not sure if this "next in line" system should be used. Sometimes a bunch of people just happen to talk and suddenly there comes a HoF out of it. This little group creates it, runs it and no one on the forum is bothered by it. Easy as that.

So I guess I might be changing my mind a bit here... Because I don't see why you should wait your turn if there's like 7 people who just want this small and easy going HoF without much else. Sure, there would he people who might want to join but can't because they are currently doing another HoF, but that's how it is. You can't get everything in life anyways and sometimes you are just busy and stuff anyways.

Simple rules for all HoFs? I don't see why not. Strict system about when and with who? Not so much perhaps.

Gatsby 09-27-15 08:44 PM

Not only am I getting tired of no structure, but I'm also getting tired of the entire HoF thing itself. Seems like it's the only thing we end up doing on here. What happened to the diversity?

seanc 09-27-15 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1392096)
I think the phrase "Hall of Fame" comes with a special meaning, and I think they're starting to get a little silly. I think there should be structure and rules in order to have meaning.
I'm with you and I think that is the original spirit. I am sure Citizen is not the only one feeling the way he is so I will say this as a general statement. If you don't think it is fair to wait for a certain HOF run there are plenty of ways to skin a cat.The structure of this was quite cool but the idea is not really all that original. We have all kinds of lists tournaments and things going on all the time and none of them have ever been stopped as far as I know. So there are plenty of ways to do whatever you please. I do think the HOF work better with structure.

cricket 09-27-15 08:49 PM

Too many HoFs at once cheapen the effect as well. The world isn't going to end tomorrow, each one should be special with as many participants as possible.

Sane 09-27-15 08:53 PM

Sorry CR, can't take you seriously when you equate having rules to being a "communist collective" :D

Swan 09-27-15 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1392101)
Not only am I getting tired of no structure, but I'm also getting tired of the entire HoF thing itself. Seems like it's the only thing we end up doing on here. What happened to the diversity?
I agree. I think we need something new. I think the HoF's have become too significant a part to the forum when they should be more about fun and discussion. Instead they're this huge point of contention between people and has even damaged a few of my friendships on here unfortunately. :(

In other words, when there is nothing on the forum except HoF's, and there is more discussion about how the HoF's should be run than about cinema, that's no good. We're called MOVIE Forums. We should be discussing cinema. Not arguing about what really should just be a fun platform to talk about movies.

We need more creativity on the forum in general. HoF's should be part of a lot of stuff, but it's too far in the spotlight and I don't see much fun being had.

MovieMeditation 09-27-15 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1392105)
Too many HoFs at once cheapen the effect as well.
Indeed it does.

That's why I think there shouldn't be a system, like wait for your turn stuff, but just that you could pop in here in this thread and ask how everybody would feel about a _____ HoF. And if it looks good and you got plenty of people and not many complains, then go ahead.

seanc 09-27-15 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1392110)
I agree. I think we need something new. I think the HoF's have become too significant a part to the forum when they should be more about fun and discussion. Instead they're this huge point of contention between people and has even damaged a few of my friendships on here unfortunately. :(

In other words, when there is nothing on the forum except HoF's, and there is more discussion about how the HoF's should be run than about cinema, that's no good. We're called MOVIE Forums. We should be discussing cinema. Not arguing about what really should just be a fun platform to talk about movies.

We need more creativity on the forum in general. HoF's should be part of a lot of stuff, but it's too far in the spotlight and I don't see much fun being had.
I'm going to run them till they break because I think they are great and when I am involved in one I still enjoy the hell out of it. I have watched about four docs in the past two weeks that I have loved getting on and talking about. I think we have lacked the vision for them since Godoggo left and that has led to some contention. It really has died down though and I think we are going to be fine. I think the HOF create some of the best discussion on the site. I see way more back and forth on those then I do in Movie Tab or Rate The Last Movie, and you never see any in tournaments. When you have so many different personalities there are always going to be disagreements.

Citizen Rules 09-27-15 09:12 PM

This is like a Temporal Paradox....There wasn't any big problems, until an attempt to solve future problems, created the very problems that we sought to avoid.

All the General Hofs have had the same rules by the different host, they all worked well! Trust the honor system.....The next host of the 9th will run it like the previous ones.

All this talk is much to do about nothing, there has never been any major problems in the Hofs.

Swan 09-27-15 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1392118)
I'm going to run them till they break because I think they are great and when I am involved in one I still enjoy the hell out of it. I have watched about four docs in the past two weeks that I have loved getting on and talking about. I think we have lacked the vision for them since Godoggo left and that has led to some contention. It really has died down though and I think we are going to be fine. I think the HOF create some of the best discussion on the site. I see way more back and forth on those then I do in Movie Tab or Rate The Last Movie, and you never see any in tournaments. When you have so many different personalities there are always going to be disagreements.
Oh no, I didn't mean let's stop the HoF's and do something different. I mean we need to add something to the forum. Make a new type of event. I dunno.

Camo 09-27-15 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1392124)
Oh no, I didn't mean let's stop the HoF's and do something different. I mean we need to add something to the forum. Make a new type of event. I dunno.
The TV Countdown felt like this to me, just came at the right time and i got really into TV because of it. Not suggesting we do that again but i know what you mean.

seanc 09-27-15 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1392124)
Hopefully False Writer's idea can get something going with the movie a month. Less intensive for people who don't want to watch as much and it is another avenue.

jiraffejustin 09-27-15 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1392127)
The TV Countdown felt like this to me, just came at the right time and i got really into TV because of it. Not suggesting we do that again but i know what you mean.
Got any ideas?

As soon as I finish up the comhof, I'll probably be looking for some little project to take up my free time.

Gatsby 09-27-15 09:33 PM

I wanna do Survivor. Never played it on here before, I've done it on other forums but it wasn't very fun because the members were mostly a holes when it came to doing stuff like that. MoFo seems a bit more promising, but I did read through one game and Sexy's bitching has me kinda worried. :p

Sexy Celebrity 09-27-15 09:35 PM

Survivor is fun, but it can be exhausting and a lot of work and then you don't even win.

jiraffejustin 09-27-15 09:37 PM

Somebody mentioned something about doing something with stand-up comedy. I want to listen to/watch a bunch of of stand-up right now, so we should do something with that.

seanc 09-27-15 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1392136)
I wanna do Survivor. Never played it on here before, I've done it on other forums but it wasn't very fun because the members were mostly a holes when it came to doing stuff like that. MoFo seems a bit more promising, but I did read through one game and Sexy's bitching has me kinda worried. :p
They were a lot of fun but I got burnt out after doing four or five of those types of games in a row. Sexy's Big Brother is probably the thing that got me talking more to people on the forum and ultimately why I stayed. That's right MoFos, something else you can blame Sexy for. Your welcome.:D

jiraffejustin 09-27-15 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1392142)
They were a lot of fun but I got burnt out after doing four or five of those types of games in a row. Sexy's Big Brother is probably the thing that got me talking more to people on the forum and ultimately why I stayed. That's right MoFos, something else you can blame Sexy for. Your welcome.:D
Yeah those were a fun time, got me talking to more MoFos too.

Sexy Celebrity 09-27-15 09:40 PM

Now you people never shut up. We need a game that makes you stop talking.

Gatsby 09-27-15 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1392145)
Now you people never shut up. We need a game that makes you stop talking.
The waiting game?

rauldc14 09-28-15 09:56 AM

The Big Brother game was epic.

Nope1172 09-28-15 05:08 PM

I would do Survivor

teeter_g 09-28-15 05:18 PM

I have won Survivor.... Don't know that I would play it again. I don't really have the time right now anyway.

teeter_g 09-28-15 05:22 PM

Also, just so everyone is on the same page, I am currently taking nominations for the sci fi/horror hof. If I don't get enough noms I guess I will hold off on it for a month or so but I think it is a great time for it as Halloween is coming up.....

seanc 10-02-15 09:36 PM

So we have survived a week and surprisingly although some of us disagree life is going on in MoFo land and even in the HOF. We have three special HOF and the 8th going on right now. So everyone start claiming a spot for what ever special you want to run next and I will start a schedule. When one special ends another one begins. Simple and fair. Also if you are interested in running the main HOF let me know and we can start a list for that as well.

I will begin to put the winners on the front page soon, promise.

Swan 10-02-15 09:38 PM

Can I suggest we go back to two special HoF's and the main one, after this? It used to be that way. I'm kind of bummed the Sci-fi horror one got started already because I wanted to join it, but joined the others already. Four HoF's is too much for me.

Citizen Rules 10-02-15 09:38 PM

I want to do Film Noir Part 2 :) and then at a latter date after other people have had their turns I want to do a 1930s Hof

Citizen Rules 10-02-15 09:39 PM

Can I make a suggestion?

Swan 10-02-15 09:43 PM

I'd like to do an Animation HoF, some time.

MovieMeditation 10-02-15 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1394450)
Can I make a suggestion?
Can I give you an answer?

seanc 10-02-15 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1394450)
Can I make a suggestion?
Of course

Citizen Rules 10-02-15 09:56 PM

If we want to say a certain number of special hofs should run at one time, then I suggest 3 at a time is doable + the general hof for a total of 4.

And to be fair to all, the number of horror hofs should be limited, so that all of the other hof ideas get a chance too. So far we've had 4 or was it 5 horror themed hofs.

see that wasn't so bad.:D

seanc 10-02-15 10:01 PM

We will keep trying three till it doesn't work anymore. There seems to be enough interest now to support it. I understand what Swan is saying and I have felt the same way at times. I probably would have participated in the comedy if it had come at a different time. Look at it this way Citizen, if there is a horror running all the time you don't have to worry about over extending yourself. That to me is the plus. :D

Camo 10-02-15 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 1394455)
Can I give you an answer?
The guy with all the answers.

Geez MM, its almost like Sweden isn't the most brilliant tennis Scandinavian nation :p

Caroline Wozniaki must have been a bad dream then :p

MovieMeditation 10-02-15 10:07 PM

I'm still looking for a HoF where nominating Drill Bill would be fitting...

Do we have a family themed HoF coming up anytime soon, guys? No?

Camo 10-02-15 10:07 PM

Sorry guys. i'm drunk :D

MovieMeditation 10-02-15 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1394465)
Sorry guys. i'm drunk :D
Oh, thank God. I thought you went retarded or something...

I had no idea what you were trying to say and just choose to ignore it haha. Y'all ever do that? When you read a reply to one of your posts and be like "I don't get this sh*t at all, man. I think I'll just get the f*ck outta here and hope I'm good" :laugh:

Ðèstîñy 10-02-15 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1394457)
If we want to say a certain number of special hofs should run at one time, then I suggest 3 at a time is doable + the general hof for a total of 4.
That's what we've already been doing now, for a while.

Camo 10-02-15 10:57 PM

When i read a respond, i know i've went full rtard!

MovieMeditation 10-02-15 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1394478)
When i read a respond, i know i've went full rtard!
My turn.

Sorry guys, I'm tired. :D

seanc 10-04-15 03:28 PM

Updated all the winners in the third and fourth post of the the thread. I don't think I missed a HOF, but if I did let me know. The only thing I haven't added is Teeter's to the currently running, but as soon as it gets going I will.

I am going to keep one master list of what's next in the second post because I have to keep things real simple. No one will be skipped though. So if you were planning on running a special just let me know and we will put you at the top of the class.

We have a very nice list of winners and so many great movies that have been nominated. I hope we can keep this great thing going. A list of 100 HOF winners would be great to see.

Friendly Mushroom! 10-04-15 04:03 PM

Sean, just so you know, you forgot to include my 50's HoF in the second post which will follow your Doc HoF.

Nope1172 10-04-15 04:36 PM

He Sean, Destiny just PMd me to remind you that my B-Movie Hall of Fame is scheduled for after the Euro Horror HoF, Thank You!

neiba 10-04-15 05:43 PM

The same with me and Word War II HoF! Thanks!

SilentVamp 10-04-15 06:10 PM

OK. So, I just tell you what I want here now?

Well, I had a bunch of them listed, but I really only want to focus on one for right now. I wanted to save it for early 2016 (I wanted everyone to get the ones in that they'd had already chosen before me first). It was the Silent Film Era. So, if you could add that to the "Later Date" list, that would be fine. Like I said, I didn't expect to do it before the others, anyway.

And for the rest that I had in mind, when a couple of the others are finished, I will let you know if they should then be added to the list.

Thanks! :)

Ðèstîñy 10-04-15 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by SilentVamp (Post 1395328)
OK. So, I just tell you what I want here now?

Well, I had a bunch of them listed, but I really only want to focus on one for right now. I wanted to save it for early 2016 (I wanted everyone to get the ones in that they'd had already chosen before me first). It was the Silent Film Era. So, if you could add that to the "Later Date" list, that would be fine. Like I said, I didn't expect to do it before the others, anyway.

And for the rest that I had in mind, when a couple of the others are finished, I will let you know if they should then be added to the list.

Damn, you're right. I did have people in the 2016 schedule, as well. Sean, I still think you should just copy/paste the schedule I sent you in PM, and then anything that's been requested here, for the first time, should go in afterwards. The only thing that's changed, is who's keeping the schedule. Nothing else, really. Just sayin'! :)

seanc 10-04-15 10:39 PM

Already added silent era earlier.

Swan 10-04-15 11:32 PM

Miss Vicky said she would co-host animation with me (thank goodness), so you can add her name to that second post. :)

Friendly Mushroom! 10-08-15 06:55 PM

Can you schedule under "Later Date" a "Mega HoF" for me? The Mega HoF's schtick is that you will nominate multiple films. (The exact number will be decided by popular vote. I was thinking 3-4 films will work the best.) Another gimmick will be that you will also nominate one film you haven't seen yet.

cricket 10-08-15 08:47 PM

Sign me up to host a future comedy-horror HoF

Derek Vinyard 10-08-15 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1397040)
Sign me up to host a future comedy-horror HoF
I second that and I will participate!! love horror-comedy

seanc 10-08-15 09:59 PM

Added Cricket's and Mushroom's request. Also added Teeter's HOF to the current post.

Funny Face 10-09-15 01:25 AM

If there was enough interest, I'd like to host a Bill Murray HoF at a later date.

Citizen Rules 10-09-15 03:55 AM

Unless Destiny still wants to host the Live Action Musical Hof, then I call dibs on it, it was my idea originally anyway. As it was already in progress and got stalled, Sean please add it to the list at the soonest possible date. Thank You

Thursday Next 10-09-15 10:08 AM

Yes, Musicals please. :)

gbgoodies 10-09-15 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1397193)
Unless Destiny still wants to host the Live Action Musical Hof, then I call dibs on it, it was my idea originally anyway. As it was already in progress and got stalled, Sean please add it to the list at the soonest possible date. Thank You

Depending on the nominations, the Live Action Musical HoF could be the one that gets me to try joining a HoF again. Maybe? :shrug:

seanc 10-11-15 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1397287)
Depending on the nominations, the Live Action Musical HoF could be the one that gets me to try joining a HoF again. Maybe? :shrug:
Obviously not aware of the Raimi directed gore musical mostly composed of Spiders singing Poe prose.

gbgoodies 10-11-15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1397287)
Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1398319)
Obviously not aware of the Raimi directed gore musical mostly composed of Spiders singing Poe prose.

Like I said, "Depending on the nominations". I'm still undecided because I don't want to have another fiasco like the Comedy HoF. :rolleyes:

SilentVamp 10-18-15 03:57 PM

Now that I see that the Live Action Musicals have been added to the list, I would like to be added on with another HoF.

I was interested in running one to be called the Musical Artist Hall of Fame. As I have said before when I've mentioned this idea, it would, basically, be any film featuring a fictional or real singer, band, composer, et.c. Also, this would be the place where something like "The Blues Brothers" could go instead of into the Live Action Musical HoF. That way that HoF could remain more "traditional" in the definition of a musical.

Also, if I could also request something else, I would like it if this HoF were run after the Live Action Musical HoF. I just think it would benefit both of these HoF's if they were not run simultaneously.

Friendly Mushroom! 12-02-15 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1391839)
HOF #8: Hosted by Friendly Mushroom Feb. 16 2016
General HOF 8
Brief correction. The 8th HoF thread says the due date is Feb 6, not Feb 16. Thanks :)
Originally Posted by Friendly Mushroom! (Post 1381085)
The due date to send in your list is February 6th, 2016. That gives us one week per film plus four extra weeks for football season and the holidays.

Nope1172 12-13-15 06:05 PM

Just wondering, what ever happened to the Comedy HoF?

Citizen Rules 12-13-15 06:07 PM

Regarding the Comedy Hof thread, JJ said he was taking a break from posting and that he might be back in January. He asked me to help out with the Comedy Hof while he's gone.

There's no deadline so it will be done when everyone has either sent me a voting list or dropped out. So far I have two list and I think 2 or 3 people have dropped out.

cricket 12-13-15 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nope1172 (Post 1422784)
Just wondering, what ever happened to the Comedy HoF?
Disaster

Friendly Mushroom! 12-15-15 06:03 PM

Is it okay if i start the 50's HoF thread soon?

Friendly Mushroom! 12-16-15 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Friendly Mushroom! (Post 1423668)
Is it okay if i start the 50's HoF thread soon?
No one reaponded so im just going to start it on Saturday or Sunday then.

Friendly Mushroom! 12-16-15 10:19 PM

I lied. Its up.

Nope1172 12-17-15 08:00 PM

I'm going to put up the B-Movie HoF now because tonight is the most convenient time for me.

Nope1172 12-20-15 06:21 PM

Just out of curiosity, who is hosting the 9th HoF?

cricket 12-20-15 06:23 PM

Honeykid I believe

Citizen Rules 12-20-15 06:25 PM

Raul said he wanted to host the 9th and I said I wanted to host the 10th

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1420278)
...Speaking of the ninth HOf, I am in and also I would host if everyone is OK. If not that is fine too.
Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1420382)
I'm OK with Raul doing the 9th. I never hosted the main Hof so I would like to host the 10th Hof.

cricket 12-20-15 06:31 PM

I'd like to host the 31st, if nobody objects.

rauldc14 12-23-15 12:13 PM

Yes, I'll be doing the ninth, it shall start Mid January

neiba 12-28-15 08:58 PM

So, should I wait some months till the 50's Hof gets closer to the end, to launch the WWII HoF?

Swan 12-28-15 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1426081)
I'd like to host the 31st, if nobody objects.
I object, I was really hoping to do that one.