Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Classic Disney (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=23581)

Leo_Lover 09-01-10 05:38 AM

Classic Disney

(if there is a thread like this already, please feel free to delete it.)

I truely love all the classic disney films so much. They are fantastic films that will never get old.

Here are some of my favourites:

The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
Snow White & the Seven Dwalfs
Lady & The Tramp
Bambi
One Hundred and One Dalmations
Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Alice In Wonderland
Beauty & The Beast

genesis_pig 09-01-10 03:32 PM

Re: Classic Disney

I like them all too... my all time faves have to be Beauty & The Beast & Little Mermaid.

LuDiNaToR 09-01-10 04:47 PM

lion king for me.

planet news 09-01-10 07:01 PM

Beauty and the Beast has a great atmosphere. I like how the two main characters are secluded in a mansion in the winter. It's probably the most romantic thing I could ever imagine, and I don't mean in relation to romanticism. Maybe one of the first times I cried at a film. The others are also nearly impossible to not enjoy.

Leo_Lover 09-01-10 07:21 PM

They really don't make these as good anymore, I miss them.

planet news 09-01-10 10:20 PM

It was a good golden age. They put out a good amount of films too. PIXAR's doing a pretty good job with recapturing a certain aspect of that magic, I'd say.

Juno MacGuff 09-01-10 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leo_Lover (Post 669152)
They really don't make these as good anymore, I miss them.
The best animated one Disney has made is there most recent, The Princess and the Frog.

rauldc14 09-01-10 11:18 PM

The Princess and the Frog was livable to make it through. So that's really not a bad thing at all.

ash_is_the_gal 09-01-10 11:22 PM

you should make this a poll.

genesis_pig 09-02-10 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Juno MacGuff (Post 669255)
The best animated one Disney has made is there most recent, The Princess and the Frog.
I haven't seen Princess & The Frog.. but are you saying it's their best animated movie?..

ash_is_the_gal 09-02-10 01:41 AM

Princess & the Frog is good, yeah, but nowhere near the best Disney film. it's not even the best Disney as far as recent stuff goes...

Leo_Lover 09-02-10 02:34 AM

I've never seen The Princess & the Frog.

ChasingButterfly 09-02-10 06:42 AM

I enjoyed it but it was a bit weak, obviously no where near as good as other 'classic' disney movies but it felt like the first step on a long staircase to possibly another sort of Disney Renaissance.

genesis_pig 09-02-10 03:27 PM

The trailed looked terrible.. that's why I've been avoiding it..
But if someone tells me it's really good, I'll go watch it now itself..

I loved Sword in the Stone & Rescuers as well... & not to forget my all time favourite Great Mouse Detective.

I haven't seen Aristocats & Robin Hood.

wintertriangles 09-02-10 03:32 PM

Fantasia is the only one I could watch over and over. As far as the "usual" Disney films, my main choices are all more recent; the classics are good but Mulan and Aladdin tickle me more

Leo_Lover 09-02-10 10:00 PM

I so want to see Fantasia but I can't find it anywhere :(

wintertriangles 09-02-10 10:30 PM

You can buy the original VHS cheap new anywhere online, the dvd is a lot more expensive new unless you don't mind buying used

s1n1st3r 09-02-10 10:39 PM

Aladdin and Hercules were awsome

Leo_Lover 09-02-10 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by wintertriangles (Post 669821)
You can buy the original VHS cheap new anywhere online, the dvd is a lot more expensive new unless you don't mind buying used
Ok, Thanks for that :)

planet news 09-02-10 11:35 PM

Mulan's decision to readapt the typical Disney art style into a more Asian influenced one is pretty awesome. Also, a great feminist theme makes the film a must-see for my would-be daughters.