Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   best feel good movies (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=9935)

Strummer521 02-22-05 12:48 PM

best feel good movies

what are the movies that are just fun or make you feel good for one reason or another?

Two that come to mind for me are Big Daddy and Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Holden Pike 02-22-05 01:23 PM

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

uconjack 02-22-05 01:27 PM

Se7en

SamsoniteDelilah 02-22-05 04:20 PM

Harold and Maude

chingutee 02-22-05 04:22 PM

50 First Dates

Forrest Gump

Daylight

Practical Magic

Oscar (starring Sylvester Stallone)

And so many more.

:D

LordSlaytan 02-22-05 04:27 PM

For me, nothing beats Amélie. Nothing.

Sedai 02-22-05 06:20 PM

I'm with the Amelie as well. The Goonies always puts me in a good mood too....

Uncle Rico 02-22-05 06:38 PM

Lord of the Rings Return of the King. you really get the feeling if you watch all three of them in a row.

LordSlaytan 02-22-05 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by chingutee
Oscar (starring Sylvester Stallone)
I didn't notice this earlier...what a great choice! I've always loved this one. Quick, witty, and very, very, funny. This is my favorite Sly film. Period.

susan 02-22-05 07:08 PM

i have to agree with oscar...that moviie makes me laugh every time i see it..

zorro the gay blade
blazing saddles
what a girl wants
10 things i hate about you
doc hollywood
life of brian
holy grail

LordSlaytan 02-22-05 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by susan
zorro the gay blade
It's been a long time since I've seen this one, but I do remember a scene that used to make me laugh; when Zorro's apprentice was wearing the teddy bear suit and was hopping up and down outside. You can see his head with his teddy ears bobbing up...then gone...up...then gone. When I was a kid I'd have giggling fits that I couldn't stop whenever that scene came up.

Speaking of the funny man named George: What about Love at First Bite? I remember laughing a lot when I was kid watching that one too...but I don't really know if it's anything that can be considered 'feel good', but funny rather. Though funny does 'feel' good...but there has to be some sort of line drawn in order to tell the two apart.

Strummer521 02-22-05 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
It's been a long time since I've seen this one, but I do remember a scene that used to make me laugh; when Zorro's apprentice was wearing the teddy bear suit and was hopping up and down outside. You can see his head with his teddy ears bobbing up...then gone...up...then gone. When I was a kid I'd have giggling fits that I couldn't stop whenever that scene came up.

Speaking of the funny man named George: What about Love at First Bite? I remember laughing a lot when I was kid watching that one too...but I don't really know if it's anything that can be considered 'feel good', but funny rather. Though funny does 'feel' good...but there has to be some sort of line drawn in order to tell the two apart.
I guess the line would be that the movie has to be fairly bright and sunny and has to have a happy ending. It should be fun and not too serious. But then again you could argue that any movie that makes you feel good could be considered a feel good movie.

susan 02-22-05 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan

love at first bite didn't really have the same impact on me as zorro had..it had it's moments, i guess...i just prefer zorro

to add

a little romance
just one of the guys
victor/victoria

Strummer521 02-23-05 12:05 AM

It's a wonderful Life can always make you feel good around Christmas time.

SpoOkY 02-23-05 05:50 AM

I definately agree with Forest Gump, it's a very uplifting story. Also I felt Garden State, Dead Poet's Society, 50 First Dates and Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind have made me feel good as of late :D.

libralucilla 02-23-05 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
I definately agree with Forest Gump, it's a very uplifting story. Also I felt Garden State, Dead Poet's Society, 50 First Dates and Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind have made me feel good as of late :D.
I would have to agree with you on Forest Gump! A very good movie.
Very sweet and uplifting!!
ANother one I agree to is Dead Poets Society!!! I love this one!
quote......"Oh, Captain My Captain!"
Here's one I thought was really good to and that is a feel good movie,
A Walk To Remember. A wonderful story I can relate to!!

undercoverlover 02-23-05 03:51 PM

Chocolat, a most excellent feel good movie
Practical Magic makes me feel all happy
You've got mail, love it

Godsend 02-23-05 05:05 PM

Garden State

Donnie Brasco for a reason

Oceans 11

Strummer521 02-23-05 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Godsend
Garden State

Donnie Brasco for a reason

Oceans 11
I agree heartily with Garden State. Even though it was a bit sappy I got sucked into it and the characters were great. I love scrubs and I was glad to see Zach Braff in a movie.

MovieMaker5087 02-23-05 05:31 PM

I don't know... for me, it's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Any agree with me on that one?