Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Saw VI (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=19402)

Jerry Shaw 05-02-09 03:45 AM

Saw VI

Official Plot of 'Saw VI' Uncovered -

While "Saw VI" is still around six months away from its theatrical release, Lionsgate Films have already released the horror thriller's synopsis. Providing a minor spoiler, the official plot shares bits of details on what should be expected from the sixth installment of the "Saw" series and gives a slight hint that it could be the end of the series.

"Special Agent Strahm is dead, and Detective Hoffman has emerged as the unchallenged successor to Jigsaw's legacy," the synopsis takes off, explaining the situation of the sixth film. It then continues, "However, when the FBI draws closer to Hoffman, he is forced to set a game into motion, and Jigsaw's grand scheme is finally understood."

Set for an October 23 U.S. release, "Saw VI" is helmed by Kevin Greutert, who is taking over "Saw V" helmer David Hackl. Screenwriter duo Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton once again pen the script. This upcoming horror thriller starring Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith, Costas Mandylor and Mark Rolston among others is currently undergoing its principal photography in Canada.
Source: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00023899.html

RagingBull 05-02-09 04:19 AM

Re: Saw VI

I am really sick of this. Saw and Saw II were fantastic and certainly changed the modern horror era', but from Saw III onwards they just get worse and worse. I haven't even seen Saw V yet and in no rush.

Jerry Shaw 05-02-09 04:23 AM

Saw V was pretty decent, well, for me anyway, i think it was about as good as number 2, number 4 was a disaster and 3 was ok.

RagingBull 05-02-09 05:22 AM

4 was a disaster. I might rent it next time, hopefully the twist will be good and necessary.

n3wt 05-02-09 09:33 AM

I love the Saw series and im really looking forward to the final film, but I have to agree the 4th film was a let down but it was setting the whole new twist in the story up.

RagingBull 05-02-09 09:35 AM

Apparently if the sixth instalment goes well (in box office wise) - they might make a seventh.

Jerry Shaw 05-02-09 09:45 AM

Yeah, i heard they are going up to seven, but that is it..hopefully.

n3wt 05-02-09 10:16 AM

mmm interseting I didnt know that, I just hope they dont try to hang on to the coat tails of the series TBH I know there are some people who dont like the Saw series but I think it is a great series :up:

RagingBull 05-02-09 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 526759)
mmm interseting I didnt know that, I just hope they dont try to hang on to the coat tails of the series TBH I know there are some people who dont like the Saw series but I think it is a great series :up:
It's a great series, no doubt. But it gets worse after every movie. Hopefully Saw V's twist ends off on a good note to give Saw VI some excitement.

Jerry Shaw 05-02-09 09:01 PM

It did for me. Is the movie out in Australia yet? If so, you should rent it or something.

n3wt 05-02-09 09:01 PM

I have see Saw V and thought it was awesome and Saw VI im sure wont hold anything back and hopefully be the most gruesum of them all.

RagingBull 05-02-09 09:04 PM

Hopefully, and they shouldn't also end the series off with a "happy ending", they should make it dark, gruesome and disturbing.

n3wt 05-02-09 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by RagingBull (Post 526928)
Hopefully, and they shouldn't also end the series off with a "happy ending", they should make it dark, gruesome and disturbing.
Indeed I think the perfect ending is a mass of bloody bodys, dismembered corpse's and a small dog on fire and the psychotic genious rides away on the small red tricycle.

RagingBull 05-02-09 09:15 PM

^That would be a great ending. Tomorrow I shall be renting Saw V, so I know the twist and what to expect or hope in Saw IV.

Jerry Shaw 05-02-09 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by RagingBull (Post 526937)
^That would be a great ending. Tomorrow I shall be renting Saw V, so I know the twist and what to expect or hope in Saw IV.
Awesome, i hope you enjoy it. :cool:

RagingBull 05-02-09 09:21 PM

Hopefully I will. My expectations won't be high because of the disappointment in Saw IV. I'll see how it goes.

n3wt 05-02-09 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by RagingBull (Post 526942)
Hopefully I will. My expectations won't be high because of the disappointment in Saw IV. I'll see how it goes.
Saw V is far superior to Saw IV :yup: Hope you enjoy!

RagingBull 05-02-09 10:08 PM

Good, because Saw IV was just terrible coming to think about it.

n3wt 05-02-09 10:16 PM

Well Saw VI had to start from scratch, basically it had to start the next trilogy off, so going from Saw III which was intense and there was lots happening to Saw IV which was the begining it would be a let down but on the wider scale you can see it tells more story and leads us on to the following films.

MovieMan8877445 05-03-09 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by RagingBull (Post 526937)
Saw V had no twist ending. It was my least favorite of the series anyway.