Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   who should be the new James Bond? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=6483)

led_zeppelin 01-30-04 12:49 PM

who should be the new James Bond?

I really don't know who I'd like to see take Pierce's shoes. But I did get a DISH magazine and they gave a bunch of options. Sadley I can't remember who they are. Sooo. . .who should it be?

MyRobotSuit 01-30-04 12:59 PM

I think Jude Law would make an interesting Bond.

Piddzilla 01-30-04 01:25 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Clive Owen

http://www.aboutfilm.com/movies/c/croupier2.jpg

Aniko 01-30-04 05:42 PM

Hugh Jackman would be perfect for me....

...I-I mean to play 007. ;)

Caitlyn 01-30-04 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Aniko

:yup: :D

Piddzilla 01-30-04 07:01 PM

You're crazy... :nope:

led_zeppelin 01-30-04 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
You're crazy... :nope:

I think I agree. Hugh Jackman as Bond? I don't see it.

Piddzilla 01-30-04 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
I think I agree. Hugh Jackman as Bond? I don't see it.
Oh, I do.. And believe me, it's not a pretty sight! :eek:

;D

Striel 01-30-04 07:22 PM

I was actually going to say Hugh Jackman too...

Jackie Malfoy 01-30-04 07:34 PM

Eh no it would stink I am not a big fan!

I do have to admit that the video games are pretty fun my boyfriend is a big fan of the video games but he thinks the movies are all the same and that it is pretty dull!
(Dull in place of lame!)Anyway I think however that the old actor (If he is not dead)should play James Bond he seened to fit the part pretty well!
Good actor too in other movies I seen him in!Well see you around!JM :cool: :p :D :)

Piddzilla 01-30-04 07:37 PM

I think Jackie Malfoy should be the next Bond.

Sleezy 01-30-04 07:49 PM

Ralph Fiennes would be an interesting Bond.

archvile 01-31-04 05:13 AM

I want Sean Connery to come back!@

birdygyrl 01-31-04 10:30 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Clive Owen

http://www.aboutfilm.com/movies/c/croupier2.jpg

I agree.....all he needs is a martini.....

Caitlyn 01-31-04 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Owen does have the look… but I still think Jackman could do it too…. :D

Joe Popular 01-31-04 07:26 PM

I think I should. I have it all. I mean, the ladies all love me, I love hard liquor and gambling and I already have some neat gadgets.

Revenant 01-31-04 08:34 PM

I am open to the choices for the new James Bond but I would insist that as he is a quintesential english man that a brit should play him. The best british accent is from a british person, we also do some good other ones.

Colin Firth and Sam West are on my list of potentials.

For those rampant ;) Hugh Jackman fans check out this, you'll be happy...

http://www.thejamesbondfanclub.com/News39.asp

....and ignore the attached link within it, it goes to nowhere's-ville.

Django 01-31-04 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Popular
I think I should. I have it all. I mean, the ladies all love me, I love hard liquor and gambling and I already have some neat gadgets.
lol! :laugh:

Django 01-31-04 09:01 PM

What about Gerard Butler? I'd say he'd make the perfect Bond! lol!

http://www.gerardbutler.net/photos/t...acula_1100.jpg

led_zeppelin 01-31-04 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by archvile
I want Sean Connery to come back!@

Aaaaamen. Connery is the quintacential bond or whatever. If I hear anybody say Timothy Dalton was the best, I shall destroy them.

birdygyrl 02-01-04 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Owen does have the look… but I still think Jackman could do it too…. :D

Nice pic.......you're right Caitlyn.....he is very suave...who to choose............... :rolleyes:

archvile 02-01-04 07:06 AM

Aaaaamen. Connery is the quintacential bond or whatever. If I hear anybody say Timothy Dalton was the best, I shall destroy them.
indeed

TReX 02-01-04 01:17 PM

Ewan Mc Gregor! :p

Beale the Rippe 02-01-04 03:19 PM

Paul Bettany. :cool:

Why? His Bond was the most accurate (in terms of the books). He was dead on. The worst Bond was Moore. Dalton and George were good, Pierce was great and Sean was best.

ATLien 02-01-04 03:23 PM

Edward Norton, he is such a good actor, he can play so many different rolls, and he has that good boy look, the bond guys always have.

Django 02-02-04 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Paul Bettany. :cool:

Why? His Bond was the most accurate (in terms of the books). He was dead on. The worst Bond was Moore. Dalton and George were good, Pierce was great and Sean was best.
You're probably right. The books describe Bond as a boxer with a massive scar--a war wound--on his face and going down to his shoulder. They also describe him as physically very fit and strong.

nebbit 02-02-04 07:41 AM

Hugh Jackman would be perfect for me....;)

http://www.kurts-smilies.de/merci.gif

cazz 02-02-04 09:11 AM

hugh jackman all the way

:-)

cazz
x

Robert_Plant 02-02-04 06:43 PM

What the Heck?

How can any of you people that call your selves Bond Fans like Dalton more than Moore!?

LordSlaytan 02-02-04 07:04 PM

http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2001/...nnie4Xcopy.jpg
"YEAH, I'M JAMES FRIGGIN BOND, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?"

http://www.virgoworld.com/celeb_img/...09.09.1960.jpg
"EXCUSE ME. E-E-XCUSE..HELLO?...EXCUSE ME? I SAID I'M JA..HELLO? I SAID I'M JAMES BOND. NO..NO...REALLY I AM. LOOK, I HAVE ALL THESE GADGETS."

http://www.collections.co.uk/postcar...es/spc2943.jpg
"ER....UM....BOND....JAMES...ER....*SIGH*"

http://www.guidetocinema.com/images/fiennes.jpg
My real pick: Ralph Fiennes

suppression 02-02-04 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by TReX
Ewan Mc Gregor! :p
I must agree.

SPIDEI2_MAN__ 02-02-04 08:36 PM

either ed norton or hugh jackman..prolly the latter

LordSlaytan 02-02-04 08:55 PM

Ed Norton is American.

Django 02-02-04 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2001/...nnie4Xcopy.jpg
"YEAH, I'M JAMES FRIGGIN BOND, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?"

http://www.virgoworld.com/celeb_img/...09.09.1960.jpg
"EXCUSE ME. E-E-XCUSE..HELLO?...EXCUSE ME? I SAID I'M JA..HELLO? I SAID I'M JAMES BOND. NO..NO...REALLY I AM. LOOK, I HAVE ALL THESE GADGETS."

http://www.collections.co.uk/postcar...es/spc2943.jpg
"ER....UM....BOND....JAMES...ER....*SIGH*"

http://www.guidetocinema.com/images/fiennes.jpg
lol! That's pretty funny...

But Ralph Fiennes? Come on! No way!

I say... bring back Timothy Dalton! I think he did a pretty good job as Bond, frankly!

http://007.bond.free.fr/images/Men/t...lton_007-2.jpg

Caitlyn 02-03-04 10:32 AM

Cute Slay... very cute... :D ... and Ralph Fiennes is a good choice... What about his little brother?

Django 02-03-04 02:06 PM

Ralph Fiennes as Bond... possibly... I don't know...

After watching him play a delusional serial-killing psychopath (who believes himself to be the devil) in Red Dragon... who knows, he just might be the right choice for Bond! lol!

But his brother... Joseph Fiennes? Another possibility... remains to be seen. I still say, bring back Timothy Dalton! lol!

LordSlaytan 02-03-04 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Cute Slay... very cute... :D ... and Ralph Fiennes is a good choice... What about his little brother?
He's not strong enough. Ralph has his size and presence where lil' bro is more on the cute and intense side. Ralph can act like an English Gentleman easily enough, and bulk out for the more adventurous scenes. Also, he's one of my favorite actors, I'm biased. I can't see Hugh Jackman playing Bond, and Ed Norton is American. (The two most popular choices in this thread)

nebbit 02-04-04 06:06 AM

He's not strong enough. Ralph has his size and presence where lil' bro is more on the cute and intense side. Ralph can act like an English Gentleman easily enough, and bulk out for the more adventurous scenes. Also, he's one of my favorite actors, I'm biased. I can't see Hugh Jackman playing Bond, and Ed Norton is American. (The two most popular choices in this thread)
Hey, Ralph is one of my favourites, you will have to stop reading my mind and then posting it as your idea :goof: I think that Hugh could do it, remember him in 'Kate and Leopold' he did bulk up for, 'X Men' :D

I like Ed Norton, but, no way :(

Sleezy 02-04-04 02:04 PM

HEY! You stole my answer! :p

Piddzilla 02-04-04 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by MinionTV
I think Jude Law would make an interesting Bond.
At first I thought this was not a very good idea but after having thought about it a little and after a friend brought his name up too, I think you are right. But I think he is about ten years too young.

Travis_Bickle 02-04-04 08:31 PM

I've always felt Christian Bale would make a great Bond. Too bad he cant play both Batman and Bond.

http://www.killermovies.com/j/jamesb...cles/1382.html

Django 02-04-04 09:22 PM

I still say "Bring back Timothy Dalton!" Mainly because the two Bond movies that he made are, in my opinion, the best Bond movies I've seen. They are totally gritty, realistic and very believable... Dalton took Bond to a whole new level. Brosnan is good as Bond, but his Bond is way over the top... totally far-fetched... bordering on ridiculous, in my mind. The last Bond movie, Die Another Day, was so full of far-fetched CGI that it was ridiculous, in my opinion. Most ridiculous of all was that invisibility car... What I say is that if they want to make another Bond movie, make it realistic... make it about cold war espionage, which is what Bond is supposed to be about... international intrigue... the underworld... that sort of crap. Don't make it into a ridiculous fantasy movie with outrageous props and sets... Make it a movie about current events... the way Bond should be and the way Ian Fleming envisioned Bond, in books like From Russia with Love (which is arguably the best Bond book ever written) and Thunderball.

projectMayhem 02-04-04 09:23 PM

I agree with Piddz that Clive Owen seems to be the best choice. He would be awesome, and with this King Arthur thing he's got coming out it could give him enough exposure to actually be a likely pick.

Piddzilla 02-05-04 05:21 AM

Yeah, it's only too bad that it has to be a very famous guy who does the role. I mean, Sean Connery was unknown to the big audience when he was contracted for the part. But times are changing. The fact that they wanted Russell Crowe (but couldn't afford him.. Thank you thank you thank you...) made me say:

WHAT???

Knoxville 02-05-04 06:44 AM

Ralph Fiennes would make an awesome Bond, he's got the maturity, the looks and the personality, he'd be perfect.

Django 02-07-04 03:38 AM

Russell Crowe? Ralph Fiennes? As Bond?

Ya gotta be kiddin' me! :rolleyes:

niceguy 02-07-04 10:35 AM

stephen baldwin would by far make the best bond.he is the most underrated actor in hollywood. :cool:

led_zeppelin 02-07-04 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Robert_Plant
How can any of you people that call your selves Bond Fans like Dalton more than Moore!?
I never really cared for either of the actors. The movies weren't too bad but I don't like the actors very much. They should bring back Sean Connery all the way. I'm almost not kidding.

LordSlaytan 02-07-04 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by niceguy
stephen baldwin would by far make the best bond.he is the most underrated actor in hollywood. :cool:
He's not underrated, he's an idiot. There's a reality celebrity show I saw him on once and he came off as a goober. The guy could play in Dude, Where's my Car 3 without having to act.

And why do people keep mentioning American actors anyway?

Pyro Tramp 02-07-04 02:47 PM

i'm a huge Bond fan and everything but i think they should stop now. They revived it from Roger Moore's pitiful last movies (Moonraker, Octopussy etc) and Daltons average ones but its gettin to excessive, invisible car in Die Another Day isnt really spy.
20 is a nice round and with Britney Spears tryin to be the next Bond girl they should stop b4 they ruin the franchise then run out of ideas to revive it.

LordSlaytan 02-07-04 03:51 PM

I agree. Bond should be retired.

Turd Ferguson 02-08-04 03:54 AM

If he could manage both Bond and Batman, I'd say Christian Bale could be a good choice.

But please don't let Britney Spears be in any Bond movies - EVER!

Revenant 02-08-04 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson

But please don't let Britney Spears be in any Bond movies - EVER!
Britany should not be in any movies full stop.

Robert_Plant 02-08-04 03:28 PM

Eurgh

Yeah I'm sorry bout the little spout I had, Morre wasnt Great but some of his movies are classics. (I mean Live and Let Die Is one of the best) And why are we talking about American actors for Bond?

Piddzilla 02-08-04 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Robert_Plant
Yeah I'm sorry bout the little spout I had, Morre wasnt Great but some of his movies are classics. (I mean Live and Let Die Is one of the best) And why are we talking about American actors for Bond?
Being a bit picky, but only one Bond so far (Roger Moore) has been a native Englishman. They've had a Scotsman (Sean Connery), an Australian (George Lazenby), a Welshman (Timothy Dalton) and an Irishman (Pierce Brosnan) playing the part. So hypothetically speaking I don't see why an american wouldn't be up for the job. Picking up a new accent is a part of acting and they're all actors, no? I'd take George Clooney over Hugh Jackman any day! ;D

led_zeppelin 02-08-04 04:17 PM

I'd take George Clooney over Hugh Jackman any day! ;D

I don't think either of them would be good Bonds. SEAN CONNERY. . .OH YEAH!

LordSlaytan 02-08-04 04:36 PM

Being a bit picky, but only one Bond so far (Roger Moore) has been a native Englishman. They've had a Scotsman (Sean Connery), an Australian (George Lazenby), a Welshman (Timothy Dalton) and an Irishman (Pierce Brosnan) playing the part. So hypothetically speaking I don't see why an american wouldn't be up for the job. Picking up a new accent is a part of acting and they're all actors, no? I'd take George Clooney over Hugh Jackman any day! ;D
I didn't realize that. Still an American in the role seems too far off in left field.

led_zeppelin 02-08-04 10:19 PM

I didn't realize that. Still an American in the role seems too far off in left field.
If an American Bond used and American accent, I'd be disappointed. But if and American used a British accent, then I'd be a little more leniant. I sound like I'm foreign, not that there's anything wrong with that. (Seinfeld moment)

Garrett 02-13-04 06:35 PM

No more Bond for me.

jrs 02-13-04 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
According to comingsoon.net, Pierce Brosnan will return for a fifth outing as British secret agent James Bond. The 21st film in MGM's spy series is being readied for a November 2005 release.

Pyro Tramp 02-14-04 06:31 PM

no american should play Bond in anyway, it would be like giving the franchise a slap, just no, its not rite, englishman, scotsman, irishman, all would be fine providing the accent wasnt to coarse

Philmster 02-14-04 06:33 PM

They should have quit/killed off bond ages ago, there is no need for new bond films, other than to fund the british movie industry for a little longer.

SPIDEI2_MAN__ 02-15-04 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
no american should play Bond in anyway, it would be like giving the franchise a slap, just no, its not rite, englishman, scotsman, irishman, all would be fine providing the accent wasnt to coarse
Spidey Agrees

MuzikQueen79 02-16-04 10:14 PM

I think Rupert Everett would be a good James Bond. Other than the fact that he's gay. But i think he could do a good job. He's got a nice body, nice hair, good looking face.

http://www.atpictures.com/display.ph...g=rupert21.jpg

Django 02-16-04 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by MuzikQueen79
I think Rupert Everett would be a good James Bond. Other than the fact that he's gay.
:rotfl:

led_zeppelin 02-18-04 06:54 PM

Other than the fact that he's gay.
Not that there's anything wrong with that. (real Seinfeld moment because this exact subject matter is where that phrase was started. . .on that show of course)

WelshBint 02-18-04 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by jrs
According to comingsoon.net, Pierce Brosnan will return for a fifth outing as British secret agent James Bond. The 21st film in MGM's spy series is being readied for a November 2005 release.
According to commanderbond.net, Brosnan will now NOT be returning to the role for Bond 21 in 2005 (http://www.commanderbond.net/Public/...s/2264-1.shtml)

In my opinion, while you know where you are with a Bond film, and it can feel as comfortable as time with an old friend, I think that if the franchise continues it should be updated.

If this is true and Brosnan is to be replaced may I suggest

:randy: Hugh Jackman
:) Clive Owen
:kiss: Jason Isaacs

Libalo 02-18-04 08:07 PM

I 2nd that view. No americans or any other than the brit actors should be bond. But i am gonna say throw in colin farrel as bond. Bring a bit of bad boy to a new modern bond.

MajikTrixx 03-27-04 10:54 AM

New Bond

Although I LOVE Hugh Jackman....if he were Bond, then he couldn't be Wolverine :(
It's a toss up for me between Clive Owen and Gerard Butler...whew, they are definitely the Bond-ish type. :D

projectMayhem 03-27-04 11:44 AM

I read somewhere that they're trying to get Orlando Bloom to follow Brosnan as the next Bond. Is it just me or does anyone else think this guy is getting by on his looks alone, and not his real acting ability?

Philmster 03-27-04 01:41 PM

Everything I have seen him he has been bad. He definately shouldn't be bond, thats for sure. I still think they should stop making Bond films now.

Revenant 03-27-04 02:49 PM

The Bond films can always go backwards like Batman.

You can then have the possibilty of having two Bonds.

I think it would be interesting if the franchise delves not only into following the trail of the current films but also looks back at Bond's earlier years when he is has only just started out as an agent, or when he is about to join.

I too have heard Orlando Bloom's name mentioned and I also feel a bit dubious about it. Bloom doesn't have enough films under his name yet, nor has he proven himself for that style of character.

Anyone touted for the role has to have some immediate connection to England. I would much rather prefer an English actor but Scottish or Welsh are acceptable too. I know I said just an Englishman in an earlier reply but I'm open to some leniancy.

Names I would put are Sean Bean for an older Bond, although Clive Owen and Rufus Sewell are both growing on me, and I have yet to decided on who I would pick as a younger Bond.

quiball 04-03-04 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Philmster
They should have quit/killed off bond ages ago, there is no need for new bond films, other than to fund the british movie industry for a little longer.
i have to agree, but as they are gonna have more Bonds, i'd have to say i'd like to see Hugh Jackman as Bond, as many have said already.
but the media's saying that Orlando Bloom has a good chance to be the next bond, but seriously, that is wrong :mad: i mean he has the right looks accent and attitude, but he's too young and plus, who would go to see it except for teenage girls who would see anything with OB in it?

quiball 04-03-04 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I read somewhere that they're trying to get Orlando Bloom to follow Brosnan as the next Bond. Is it just me or does anyone else think this guy is getting by on his looks alone, and not his real acting ability?
LOL :laugh: too too true

dangerouslydead 04-04-04 04:00 PM

I think Rupert Everett would be a good James Bond. Other than the fact that he's gay. But i think he could do a good job. He's got a nice body, nice hair, good looking face.

http://www.atpictures.com/display.ph...g=rupert21.jpg
Rupert it should be. He has appeal across continents. Lets face it Bond is not a charecter that can be carried on by an unknown actor anymore. I say let Rupert come in. And to state that he is gay - in what century are we living? I consider that as actors their personal lives must be cast aside.

higgy 04-05-04 08:48 AM

In my opinion Bond is a legend, and if they keep producing new movies then the public will tire of him, so I feel he sould be retired.

bluebottle 04-05-04 09:38 AM

I absolutely hated the last couple of Bond movies and that smarmy git Pierce Brosnan, so, unless Tarantino directs, he should be retired.

TheWorldIsMine 04-19-04 05:12 PM

abso-****in'-loutley!!!

Clive Owen

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainme...ve_owen150.jpg

if you wanna see him at his best! watch the BMW short film, Star..

SoulfulWoman 05-03-04 10:32 PM

I think Colin Firth would make a good Bond...He has the stature, the age, and the accent...and is handsome too..
Just read that in the UK that he is their number one choice...not sure how true that is...so dont quote me... :rolleyes:

casa 05-16-04 03:14 PM

i could see sean bean baing a bond if he dyed his hair darker.

but i guess that wouldnt really work because he was a villian in one of the movies

Piddzilla 05-16-04 03:44 PM

As many of you know, I am a supporter of Clive Owen as the new Bond, but it seems like he's out of the picture. Now, I have done some more thinking about Jude Law and think that maybe he would be an interesting Bond. A bit too boyish perhaps...

Aniko 05-16-04 04:21 PM

As many of you know, I am a supporter of Clive Owen as the new Bond, but it seems like he's out of the picture. Now, I have done some more thinking about Jude Law and think that maybe he would be an interesting Bond. A bit too boyish perhaps...
Piddy...just curious...why is Clive Owen out of the picture?

Jude Law is definately too boyish and fragile looking to be bond.

I'm still sticking to my previous opinions...the next bond should be...
...Hugh Jackman.
And, I don't care if he isn't british (that seems to bother some people)...after all Jude Law just played a southerner in 'Cold Mountain' and lets not forget Vivian Leigh playing Scarlet O'Hara successfully in GTTW. Hugh Jackman has all the right stuff to make a perfct Bond. Humor, a twinkle in his eye like Roger Moore had, class, and sex appeal like Sean Connery. He also has the manly wolverine stuff under his belt. ;D

Piddzilla 05-16-04 04:24 PM

Piddy...just curious...why is Clive Owen out of the picture?

Jude Law is definately too boyish and fragile looking to be bond.

I'm still sticking to my previous opinions...the next bond should be...
...Hugh Jackman.
Apparently Owen was a candidate until not long ago. I think they thought he was too serious or sad looking. And I can tell you that Jackman today is the most likely to be the next Bond after what I have read.

Aniko 05-16-04 04:31 PM

Apparently Owen was a candidate until not long ago. I think they thought he was too serious or sad looking. And I can tell you that Jackman today is the most likely to be the next Bond after what I have read.
Thanks for letting me know Piddy. You're a sweetie. :kiss:

nebbit 05-16-04 11:25 PM

I can tell you that Jackman today is the most likely to be the next Bond after what I have read.
Good http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage25/6.gif

jrs 05-16-04 11:35 PM

Even though he isn't going to be Bond, I don't think Hugh Jackman would be able to take over the character in the right way.

nebbit 05-16-04 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by jrs
I don't think Hugh Jackman would be able to take over the character in the right way.
Why :)

Revenant 05-17-04 07:42 AM

Hugh Jackman may not be English but out of the non-english people mentioned I would not mind him as the next James Bond.

Jude Law, not for me thanks.

Sean Bean would be my current top pick.
Although as I've mentioned I think it would be interesting if Rufus Sewell got the part.

Puppy Kicker 05-25-04 12:44 PM

I think Hugh Grant should be the next Bond.

After that, then maybe we could persuade MGM to retire Bond and preserve the legend.

Ash_Lee 05-25-04 07:33 PM

I'd say it should be between Colin Firth and Clive Owen. They both look the part and can act.
I suppose the only problem I'd have with Firth is, whenever I'd see him with a woman I'd expect them to go "Oh Mr Darcy!", and faint. But that's just me.

Colonel Sanders 05-26-04 10:08 PM

[quote=Revenant]Sean Bean would be my current top pick.[quote]
Thats a great pick except for the fact that hes aready been in a Bond film....It just wouldnt feel right. :indifferent:

rjmcfc86 05-27-04 12:30 PM

An unknown should be casted, most of the names mentioned just don't seem right for the part. Out of the big names though, Jude Law does get my vote.

Ladies Man 05-29-04 04:35 AM

I mean this might be a long shot, but Pauly Shore :D is up for a good role, he is due (God Damn he is due!!) So i think he could pull off James Bond pretty well.

Or my other guess would be Hugh Grant...no Hugh Jackman! My choice.

John McClane 05-29-04 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by WelshBint
:randy: Hugh Jackman
I hope that doesn't happy.

John McClane 05-29-04 10:53 PM

:idea: Maybe, Viggo. :skeptical: Nah. :nope: I don't think so.

Carissima 06-18-04 10:00 PM

the next james bond definitely has to be british, it just cant work otherwise. pierce brosnan should just carry on until he's totally phsically incapable!

Carissima 06-18-04 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
I'd say it should be between Colin Firth and Clive Owen. They both look the part and can act.
I suppose the only problem I'd have with Firth is, whenever I'd see him with a woman I'd expect them to go "Oh Mr Darcy!", and faint. But that's just me.
Colin Firth is a wuss, James Bond is not a wuss.

Carissima 06-18-04 10:19 PM

i kinda agree, but if they continue making bond movies, i dont really think theres any1 up 2 the job other than brosnan

jrs 07-28-04 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly Online

DOUBLE UH-OH Brosnan says Bond is in his past, though he'll ''look back affectionately'' on those years

Pierce Brosnan appears to be turning in his license to kill. ''That's it,'' says the actor otherwise known as Bond, James Bond. ''I've said all I've got to say on the world of James Bond.''

The 51-year-old Irish-born star answers the question that's plagued millions of 007 fans since his last mission on her majesty's secret service, 2002's ''Die Another Day'': Will he return for his fifth James Bond movie or not? ''Bond is another lifetime,'' he says, ''behind me.''

Unless Brosnan's statement is a negotiating ploy -- Sean Connery, for example, quit for a whole movie before being lured back for bigger bucks -- England-based Eon productions, which produces the Bond flicks, must find another star to carry 007's Walther PPK in the as-yet-untitled 21st Bond movie, which is already scheduled to be released on Nov. 18, 2005. Speculation surrounds Brits Clive Owen, Ioan Gruffudd, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Gerard Butler, Jude Law, and Ewan McGregor, as well as Aussies Hugh Jackman, Heath Ledger, and Eric Bana.

Urban Cowboy 07-29-04 12:24 PM

I know this sounds crazy but hear me out on this one. What about a black Bond? Lets say Will Smith. I know Will could pull off the accent. He also has the looks and charisma for the roll. I think it would at least be cool to thing about.