Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Top 10 List Of Your Most Hated Movie Goers (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=13872)

slickazsilk 08-08-07 12:36 PM

Top 10 List Of Your Most Hated Movie Goers

1. Mr. Laugh A. Lot – You’re watching a comedy movie when suddenly out of nowhere someone laughs HAHAHA out loud HAHAHA like there’s no tomorrow!! You shrug the whole thing off as it stops but then, WHAM!! HAHAHA This guy never stops HAHAHA laughing and he doesn’t seem to HAHAHA care, you just silently curse the guy in your head.

2. Ol’ Clappers – Here’s a great scene, you’re in the mood, the climax starts up, everyone is intently watching, then you hear It.. CLAP CLAP… WTF??!!! CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!! This guy is so amazed by the scene/climax he decided to clap at the movie!! (You rarely see this guy but he’s out there, waiting for that perfect scene to ruin or CLAP on, in his case)

3-4. Mr./Mrs. Let’s Make Out Right Here Right Now – (Don’t tell me you haven’t seen them?!) Yeah that’s right! You’re intently watching this great movie when this couple in front/beside (worse!) suddenly decides to exchange tongues like hell!! The saliva glimmers in the dark, squishing sounds inserts in those silent moments and you’re either distracted or worse… in heat!!

5. Chipper – the most common of them all, Old Chipper. Chipper likes Chips. chipper is a F#$%ing pig of a man. Chipper never closes his G#@ D@^$ mouth!!! To top it all up Chipper makes a lot of (**Insert Curse here**) Noise!!!

6. The Head – Yes, You can’t escape from this guy, you will meet him eventually. You probably met his dad, mom or sister while watching other movies. This guy is easy to spot, I bet he’s always there in your cinema, probably not in front of you but He’s there, annoying the crap out of somebody with his GYNORMOUS head!!

7. Mr. Piss A. Lot - another part of the infamous Lot family, this guy will sit in the middle of the row and will stand up constantly (and I mean “what AGAIN?!!”) to relieve himself. Making his way back and forth to his seat. He has thimble for kidneys and usually holds a gigantic soda cup, slurping away the drink that will eventually make him piss again. The cycle will continue until he eventually drinks it all up or the movie ends.

8. The Spoiler – Oh you know it!! You’ve met him!! You don’t see him inside the cinema, you will probably meet him either in the line, buying the tickets, in the restroom, or worse you meet him while he’s leaving and you’re entering the cinema (70% of the time)! 2 Hours of film ruined by a single line!

9. Mr. Hello Motto – It was the silent part of the movie, the build up of the scene out standing, everyone is quiet and waiting for that kiss/monster/line to show. Then RING!! “Hello?! Hello?! Hello?!” – Now Who the!.. What the!.. Where the F$%k did that come from!! Damage has been done, the scene was ruined! So simple yet so lethal.

10. The Gang – The sum of all fears!! They’ve got it all from slobs to annoying critters who talks a lot!! You usually see them at the back and they come in numbers so beware, these are the guys that didn’t pay to watch the movie but paid to annoy the living crap out of ALL you!! (Note: you rarely see them during weekdays its when the week ends when they strike!! Something about no school or rest day?!!)

Just wanted to share!! hahaha ever met them??!!

JBriscoe 08-08-07 12:46 PM

Re: Top 10 List Of Your Most Hated Movie Goers

how about Mr. Angry...the guy who feels the need to yell at all of your top 10 most hated movie goers, which only worsens the experience for everyone else!

slickazsilk 08-08-07 12:51 PM

Bravo!! haha missed that one!

Yoda 08-08-07 12:51 PM

I don't mind clapping from time to time. Especially at the end of an especially good film.

Anyway, a lot of the choices (such as people who leave their cell phone ringers on) are universally loathed, and probably right at the top of everyone's lists, so here are a few subtler choices:

The Guy Who Sends Text Messages
More considerate than the fellow who leaves his ringer on, this person doesn't realize that cell phones have ridiculously bright, lucid screens these days, and that with stadium-style seating I can see his screen from 6 rows away.

One person was just one row in front of me, and the screen was so bright I could read the text message they were sending.

The People Who Talk During Previews
Though not as bad as people who talk during the movie itself, these people keep talking even though the lights are dimmed and the audience is clearly interested in the trailers.

The People Who Try to Make Each Other Laugh
This is an admitted derivative of people who simply talk. I had two jokers behind me during Spider-Man 3. Just two young guys trying to crack each other up. This might have been okay, if their "jokes" weren't completely juvenile and not even remotely amusing. I had to turn around and tell them to keep it down at one point.

Seriously, guys: just because your mom didn't take you to a proper comedy, it doesn't mean you should attempt to create your own.

That's all that comes to mind for now.

Zeiken 08-08-07 01:17 PM

The Guy Who Repeats Out Loud Every Line He Thought Was Funny

Ruined My simpsons screening. Laughing is okay. Otherwise, shut the hell up.

Holden Pike 08-08-07 02:31 PM

Missing Offenders...

The Wrapper Crinkler

The Seat Kicker

The Straw-Sucker When There's Nothing Left in the Cup

The "Oh, I've Been There" Location Spotter
Nobody cares if you once stayed at that hotel or ate in that restaurant where this movie was filmed, so file it away and relay that fascinating bit of information AFTER the movie.

The "What Else Have I Seen That Actor In?"
The idiot who must turn to the person or people they are with and ask what they might know that actor or actress from. Then the people with them have to go down their filmography right then and there until the person's memory is jogged. Look it up on the IMDb when you get home and shut the fu*k up.

The Read Signs Alouder
For example, on an exterior establishing shot feels compelled to say "Cook County Hospital" or whatever, just in case anybody missed such of piece of trivial information.

Of these the one I would endorse the death penalty for is The Wrapper Crinkler. There's nothing more obnoxious to me than the sound of cellophane during a movie. Plus for some unknown reason most of these idiots think it's better to unwrap slowly and have it be a three-to-five-minute affair rather than just do it in one quick motion and be done with it. Theaters shouldn't sell candy in cellophane, and if they do they should remove it for the customer at the counter before they leave. This doesn't do squat for those who bring their own, of course, but for cripe's sake UNWRAP THE FU*KING CANDY BEFORE THE GAH-DAMN MOVIE STARTS!

Sexy Celebrity 08-08-07 02:41 PM

Re: Missing Offenders...

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 378391)
That's me. Although, I'm not sure if I've ever done that in a theatre. I usually buy a large drink and save it to the very end. Unless, of course, it's a 3 hour movie. I'm sorry, but I really love to drink and sometimes, if it's a certain drink (something you'd have to make, like a flavored coffee beverage) there's a stronger flavor at the very end from a buildup of chemicals. You gotta suck it up and enjoy it. Then, trash.

Yoda 08-08-07 02:47 PM

I'll add a few more, which are related to one another:

People Who Take Kids And Don't Watch Them
Seriously, how hard is it? Sit near the kids and make sure they don't go kicking seats and yelling. It's not difficult.

A couple months ago I got stuck behind a little kid who kept on kicking my seat. I'm not going to yell at him, because he's just a little kid and probably doesn't know much better. But the lady who brought him to the movie ought to have. And if you have so many kids with you that you can't keep an eye on all of them...then don't bring them all to the movies.

I've got no problems with kids being at the movies. If they're old enough and can keep fairly quiet, I'm all for it. For certain movies, their laughter and excitement can really add to the atmopshere and be very pleasant. But seat kicking and talking loudly are past the line under every circumstance.

People Who Take Their Kids And Talk To Them
Some people take the kids, pay attention to them, but don't know better themselves. I once sat near a guy whose kid had lots of questions about the movie, as kids often do. Never mind that some of the questions were kind of absurd (yes, even for a little kid)...what was unbelievable was that the dude just answered the kid again and again in a perfectly audible voice! No attempt to keep the conversation quiet or even tell the kid to wait until after the movie. They were practically having a conversation.

People Who Take Kids To Mature Films
I see this one a lot. Some of it's borderline, like PG-13 films with explosions and coarse language. But some of it's ridiculous; horror films and the like. There was a kid sitting behind me during Alien vs. Predator, for crying out loud. Believe it or not, it was the same kid from the example just before this one.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 378391)
Of these the one I would endorse the death penalty for is The Wrapper Crinkler.
I think I'd second that, with a temporary reprieve for those who at least wait for an especially loud part of the movie. Why someone would wait for a completely silent moment to unleash that noise is beyond me.

Holden Pike 08-08-07 02:53 PM

They call me MISTER Angry!

Originally Posted by JBriscoe
how about Mr. Angry...the guy who feels the need to yell at all of your top 10 most hated movie goers, which only worsens the experience for everyone else!
Totally disagree. I have become Mr. Angry after trying to silently endure the morons around me, but at some point when you realize they aren't going to stop talking or doing whatever they're doing, it's time to tell them to shut the fu*k up. Since the days of actual ushers who walk through the theater and keeping people civil has long since vanished, we are left to police ourselves. I'll give the ol' turn-around-pointed-glare at least two or three times before I'll say anything aloud, but when it comes right down to it some people need to be embarrassed into being polite. Sad, but true.

The VCR and now DVD has ruined the movie watching experience. People watch most of the movies they see at home, on their couch, able to talk and eat and take phonecalls and make whatever noise they want. They take that same attituide and learned behavior with them to the cinema. It's annoying as Hell, and the theater chains couldn't care less. The only line of defense is to speak up. If that makes me Mr. Angry, so be it, but my outburst will be a one-time event versus putting up with a chatty, inconsiderate, noisy idiot for virtually the entire film.

Frankly I don't have to deal with too too many idiots because I see movies at odd times and/or generally see films that attract actual adults. While adults most certainly can be just as annoying as anybody, we all know it's the under-twenty-five set who are the most consistent offenders, especially when in groups of three or more. But frankly there aren't scores of sixteen and nineteen-year-olds going to see most of the arthouse fare I most regularly attend. If I do pony up dough to go see a Spider-Man or whatever the blockbuster of the week is, I know going in the rude to polite ratio goes way, way up, thus my tolerance is at a higher level.

But the two rudest people I've ever had to deal with in theaters were both adults (and both women, for the record) and at arthouses. One was a woman who sat behind me during Brokeback Mountain at a theater here in Portland, OR and opened and closed her popcorn bag every twenty to sixty seconds. She would take a handful of popcorn, eat it, then noisly and obnoxiously roll up the bag and place it on the floor. Then in less than a minute she would pick the bag up, noisly unroll it, and start the cycle all over again. This is the reason I don't carry a gun, because I think I would have had to shoot her. At least in the foot.

And THE single most obnoixious was a woman who sat behind me in a Washington D.C. theater that was screening the documentary The Revolution Will Not Be Televised. She brought her fu*king knitting to the movies! I didn't even know what the Hell that noise was for quite a while, thinking the metallic clicking was the air conditioner unit or maybe even a busted projector. When I realized it was the twit behind me doing her knitting, I seriously wanted to stab her in the eyes with those needles. The movie theater is not yer damn living room, folks.

So, yeah, Chief. They call me MISTER Angry!

Holden Pike 08-08-07 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
That's me. Although, I'm not sure if I've ever done that in a theatre. I usually buy a large drink and save it to the very end. Unless, of course, it's a 3 hour movie. I'm sorry, but I really love to drink and sometimes, if it's a certain drink (something you'd have to make, like a flavored coffee beverage) there's a stronger flavor at the very end from a buildup of chemicals. You gotta suck it up and enjoy it. Then, trash.
I don't care if you get the last bit at the bottom, but for the love of Pete TAKE OFF THE DAMN LID AND TIP THE CUP TO YOUR LIPS RATHER THAN USE THE STRAW.

'Kay?

slickazsilk 08-08-07 03:05 PM

The Wrapper Crinkler

The Seat Kicker

-->
hahaha the classics!! nice addition!!

Sexy Celebrity 08-08-07 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 378395)
People Who Take Kids To Mature Films
I see this one a lot. Some of it's borderline, like PG-13 films with explosions and coarse language. But some of it's ridiculous; horror films and the like. There was a kid sitting behind me during Alien vs. Predator, for crying out loud. Believe it or not, it was the same kid from the example just before this one.
I support parents who take their kids to horror movies. I cherish the memory of my mommy taking me to see Friday the 13th part 8 only weeks before I started kindergarten. There was a guy dressed up as Jason stalking the aisle. I saw lots of horror films before I turned 17.

I've seen Alien Vs. Predator and it wasn't that horrific at all. Very suitable for a six year old, I say. Of course, not every kid can stand them. But teach them that it's just pretend -- all special effects, makeup, nobody really dying.

Now, I'm not sure about taking little kids to something like Showgirls (which, you actually can't, since it's NC-17) or Basic Instinct... kids won't really be interested in that stuff, anyway. Well, they might, but the way I was raised was things like horror is okay. Kids can be fascinated by it. Sexy movies are for older folks.

Sexy Celebrity 08-08-07 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 378398)
I don't care if you get the last bit at the bottom, but for the love of Pete TAKE OFF THE DAMN LID AND TIP THE CUP TO YOUR LIPS RATHER THAN USE THE STRAW.

'Kay?
That's actually never crossed my mind... I will do that then.

Well, I might do it... what if I can't see well in the dark and I end up spilling something on my shirt because I took off the lid? Such a dilemma, then...

gohansrage 08-08-07 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 378400)
I support parents who take their kids to horror movies. I cherish the memory of my mommy taking me to see Friday the 13th part 8 only weeks before I started kindergarten. There was a guy dressed up as Jason stalking the aisle. I saw lots of horror films before I turned 17.

I've seen Alien Vs. Predator and it wasn't that horrific at all. Very suitable for a six year old, I say. Of course, not every kid can stand them. But teach them that it's just pretend -- all special effects, makeup, nobody really dying.

Now, I'm not sure about taking little kids to something like Showgirls (which, you actually can't, since it's NC-17) or Basic Instinct... kids won't really be interested in that stuff, anyway. Well, they might, but the way I was raised was things like horror is okay. Kids can be fascinated by it. Sexy movies are for older folks.
Yeah, violence is totally cool for kids to see. What little five year old shouldn't see two campers slammed against a tree in a duffel bag? But there is no way kids should be allowed to see nudity! That's awful. Good parents know you can allow your kids to see all the violence and killing they want, but if you let your kids see some nudity, you are a horrible parent and social services should be called post haste!

spudracer 08-08-07 03:28 PM

I've got some good ones for this, but I don't have the time to post them right now. Tonight, it's game time...it's PAIN time!! :D

JBriscoe 08-08-07 03:38 PM

Re: They call me MISTER Angry!

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 378397)
Totally disagree. I have become Mr. Angry...
I too have become Mr. Angry on more than one occasion...but usually found that in more times than not, it accomplished nothing...these idiots know they're idiots...they usually just choose not to care

...Id also like to add:

Mr. I Like To Leave Gum On The Seat

Mr. I Need To Run To The Back Seat As SOON As The Doors Open...who is the not too distant relative of

Mr. I Need To Storm Out of The Theatre As SOON As The Movie Ends, Budding In Front of People If Need Be, Just To Get To My Car The 1 Minute Quicker

Mrs. I Quite Frequently Jump Out of My Seat At Scary Parts But Insist I Still Eat Popcorn

and finally

Mr. I Try To Leave Exactly One Seat Between Me & The Next Movie Goer, On Opening Night, Even Though I KNOW This Movie Will Sell Out

grrrrrrr

Sexy Celebrity 08-08-07 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by gohansrage (Post 378403)
Yeah, violence is totally cool for kids to see. What little five year old shouldn't see two campers slammed against a tree in a duffel bag? But there is no way kids should be allowed to see nudity! That's awful. Good parents know you can allow your kids to see all the violence and killing they want, but if you let your kids see some nudity, you are a horrible parent and social services should be called post haste!
I had a really long, drawn out, hilarious response to this, but the damn thing asked me to sign in after I hit "Make Post Go Now" (even though I already was logged in!) and I lost it.

So... I now leave this discussion.

spudracer 08-08-07 09:03 PM

Of course the one at the top of my list is...

Mrs. I know they said turn your phones off, but I'm special and I can leave my phone on. I had an incident like this at an advanced screening for Knocked Up the lady even had the nerve to pretend like it wasn't hers, looking around with that "someone sure has some nerve" look.

Mr. Make my kid cry and then storm out leaving them to walk slowly out of the theatre still crying. Met this gentleman at Transformers.

Mrs. I need to buy every single item from the concession stand cause this movie will be a long one all 90 minutes of it. I think she sits next to or is the Wrapper Crinkler.

The kid, or adult for that matter, that seems to think they need to be The Flash and bolt in and out of the theatre so they don't miss any good parts.

Another vote for The irresponsible parent who takes their kid to innappropriate movies. Here is another one I ran into at Knocked Up.

The "I don't know how to use anti-persperant" person. I think we can all throw down a vote for that one.

The couple that has to sit down right in front of you. Even when there is a theatre full of empty seats, they choose the ones in front of you. :furious:

I think that's it for now.

Zeiken 08-08-07 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by spudracer (Post 378442)
The kid, or adult for that matter, that seems to think they need to be The Flash and bolt in and out of the theatre so they don't miss any good parts.
Im afraid i am personally guilty of this one. I usually try to take care of natural callings beforehand, but things happen.

luckily i am a ninja and no one sees me leave or re-enter.

slickazsilk 08-08-07 09:11 PM

Mr/Mrs We Like Fighting inside the Cinema - just met these guys once though, can believe they decided to fight inside the cinema!! WTF?!!!! they fought for about 10 min, pausing from time to time and thank God they finally went out!

Jeez people!! do everyone a favor JUST LEAVE!!

spudracer 08-08-07 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Zeiken (Post 378443)
luckily i am a ninja and no one sees me leave or re-enter.
Hey at least your polite about it. I'm talking about the people that have to stomp the way down from and the way back up to their seat.

Banggagiba 08-09-07 04:32 AM

Mr/Mrs We Like Fighting inside the Cinema - just met these guys once though, can believe they decided to fight inside the cinema!! WTF?!!!! they fought for about 10 min, pausing from time to time and thank God they finally went out!

Jeez people!! do everyone a favor JUST LEAVE!!
Guilty with this one.. once or twice. :bashful:

Have you guys met Mr. Portable (PSP/DS)?

I met this guy once while watching shrek. The guy not only played through the whole trailers, but also in some parts of the movie flashing colored lights in our faces. WTH! If you don't like the movie, LEAVE!! :frustrated:

gummo 08-09-07 06:30 AM

The barely a teen, lets laugh so hard to make it look like we understand the joke people. :furiousdevil: :frustrated:

Zeiken 08-09-07 11:51 AM

The I Think I Can Silence Somebody With an Evil Grimace and No Words Guy.

Honestly, if you are close enough to the troublemaker, use your words. Communicate. Dont just give that evil look. It just eggs them on.

Movie_watcher_18 08-09-07 11:57 AM

teens who talk the entire movie about their lives and stuff
:frustrated:
and a guy and a girl who make out til their friend comes back
:frustrated:

B-card 08-09-07 12:10 PM

The Stupid Hot chick sitting next to you and and leaving a comment after every scene

spudracer 08-09-07 02:07 PM

Oooh, I just thought of another one.

The person who is sitting within earshot mumbling things like "That can't be real", or "that would never happen". It's a frickin movie, just watch it!!!

fbi 08-09-07 02:21 PM

The ones who heard that a movie was scary and laughs out loud just to prove they are not scared.

This behaviour is very lame and u instantly know that these people are no older than 17, wear nothing but tracksuits, have about a million gold chains around their necks, get their gf's pregnant by the age of 10 and actually think its great. :randy:

I actually dont mind when people clap or get excited during a movie if they are genuinely watching it. Only the ones who go there just to cause trouble annoy me and if i had an anti aircraft weapon i would of used it. :frustrated:

Banggagiba 08-10-07 03:09 AM

We forgot about.. Mr. Popcorn/Peanut Catapulter!

The one that throws popcorn/peanuts to the people in front (or back) of him/her.

gummo 08-10-07 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Banggagiba (Post 378575)
We forgot about.. Mr. Popcorn/Peanut Catapulter!

The one that throws popcorn/peanuts to the people in front (or back) of him/her.
I've only seen this done once and it was my friend doing it...lol and it was licorice and nachos. We were 15...I laughed, I was a bitch :(

rufnek 08-10-07 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by slickazsilk (Post 378384)
7. Mr. Piss A. Lot - another part of the infamous Lot family, this guy will sit in the middle of the row and will stand up constantly (and I mean “what AGAIN?!!”) to relieve himself. Making his way back and forth to his seat. He has thimble for kidneys and usually holds a gigantic soda cup, slurping away the drink that will eventually make him piss again. The cycle will continue until he eventually drinks it all up or the movie ends.
I'm not quite sure how you distinguish this guy from the people who get up to go to the snack bar or check on their kids in the adjoining theater or check the weather, or whatever it is that they're making those trips for. I mean, is this guy announcing his destination each time he gets up? Or taking his giant soda with him to the can?

I do caution you younger guys about copping a superior attitude to those with urinary problems. You'll understand better in a few years when you become better acquainted with Mr. Prostate.

rufnek 08-10-07 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 378387)
The People Who Talk During Previews
Though not as bad as people who talk during the movie itself, these people keep talking even though the lights are dimmed and the audience is clearly interested in the trailers.
Now this is news to me--I don't think even in my childhood I was ever in a theater when people did not talkduring the previews. I always considered the previews to be one last chance for everyone to conclude their conversations, hopefully before the movie begins.

Nor have I ever seen an audience that exhibited any collective interest in the trailers, most of which have already been seen in the movie ads on television. In fact, I've always thought of previews as sort of spoliers for the movie being pitched. Since they usually put the best scenes in the previews, you can pretty well figure out the essence of the film just by watching those outtakes.

That said, I try to talk as little as possible once I take my seat in a movie theater. Those places are too public for private conversation and too noisey for a sustained discussion.

mocoloco 08-10-07 04:41 PM

When I was a kid in Barcelona Spain (and not that long ago), going to the local cinema was nuts. people didn't get popcorn and stuff, they got out a huge bread a knife and chunk of cheese or ham and made their own sandwiches on the spot. Man -- the smell -- the smell...

Monkeypunch 08-10-07 05:37 PM

I personally hate the guy who has to sit near you even if theres nobody else in the theater, the old guy who likes to complain loudly everytime someone curses or there's a sex scene, and the people who have to talk to the movie like it's listening to them (oh no, don't go in there!).

rufnek 08-10-07 06:01 PM

My wife has a habit that bothers me in the movies. As she gets caught up in the plot of the story, she occasionally reacts to events on screen by saying out loud, "Oh, my!" "Uh-uh!", "Good grief!" Little outbursts like that. She doesn't shout it out, but it is audible to me and probably would be heard by anyone in the radius of a few seats. Thing is, she's absolutely unaware that she's saying anything! It's just an automatic and unconcious response that there is no way to "correct" it or "break the habit." She does it at home watching TV; even if she's watching TV alone I can hear her little remarks from an adjoining room or hall. She even does it when reading! It's not like a constant babble, but it happens often enough that I'm sure it could be distracting to a stranger.

Which brings me to the point that really bothers me--a dread that one day we might be seated too close to Mr. Angry who takes it upon himself to "correct" her, probably in a tone that I won't like at which point the situation is really going to escalate with my response. While I appreciate his right to watch the movie in peace, I won't tolerate caustic criticism of her. Fortunately, we don't go to movie theaters that often, since it's cheaper, more comfortable, and more pleasant--for all the reasons listed in this thread--to watch a movie at home.

That said, in my younger days when I was in the Army, I used to enjoy the audience participation when attending the base theater. Most of the people in the theater were us guys in our late teens, early 20s who had spent the day being ordered around and who likely had a beer or two or three--or some other mood enhancement agents--before we got to the show, sitting there in the sweet anonymity of a dark and crowded theater. The running commentaries that often were called out usually was better than what we were watching on the screen. Sort of a "prequel" to the later audience participations of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show," but with out the costumes.

I remember especially one screening of Disney's "The Sword and the Stone" that had me thinking it was the funniest movie ever--until stone sober and accompanied by my little girl, I saw it years later back in the States.

spudracer 08-10-07 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by rufnek (Post 378604)
I do caution you younger guys about copping a superior attitude to those with urinary problems. You'll understand better in a few years when you become better acquainted with Mr. Prostate.
Ah yes, the dreaded Mr. Prostate, I'm not looking forward to meeting him anytime soon.

I am not one for going to the bathroom in the middle of a movie, especially if I think it's getting ready to get really good. I try to take care of all that stuff beforehand, but sometimes it's just so frickin cold in there, it's hard to last the entire movie.

Escape 08-10-07 10:14 PM

1. Mr. Laugh A. Lot – You’re watching a comedy movie when suddenly out of nowhere someone laughs HAHAHA out loud HAHAHA like there’s no tomorrow!! You shrug the whole thing off as it stops but then, WHAM!! HAHAHA This guy never stops HAHAHA laughing and he doesn’t seem to HAHAHA care, you just silently curse the guy in your head.
I guess I can understand you there though mine are more directed at the kiddies laughing. They laugh at just about anything just to laugh. Now as for a guy who at times can't stop laughing, I'm guilty as charged except I try like hell to keep mine inside as it's more like allot of laugh snorts instead of anything loud. I'm serious, it may not happen often but there have been times when I could not stop laughing and it went on for about 10 to 15 minutes. I'd be a bucket of sweat at the end there. I'd lower myself down in the seat and just try to ride it off with my nose in my jacket or something. The last time this happened was when I was watching 'Bandits' back in 2001 and Billy Boy yelled out "Beavers and Ducks" just as he woke up. It caught me off guard cause it made absolutely no sense and came out of nowhere. I'm laughing now just thinking about it heheh.

3-4. Mr./Mrs. Let’s Make Out Right Here Right Now – (Don’t tell me you haven’t seen them?!) Yeah that’s right! You’re intently watching this great movie when this couple in front/beside (worse!) suddenly decides to exchange tongues like hell!! The saliva glimmers in the dark, squishing sounds inserts in those silent moments and you’re either distracted or worse… in heat!!
I have only saw one couple making out in my many years of going to the theatre which I'm sure is pretty unusual.

6. The Head – Yes, You can’t escape from this guy, you will meet him eventually. You probably met his dad, mom or sister while watching other movies. This guy is easy to spot, I bet he’s always there in your cinema, probably not in front of you but He’s there, annoying the crap out of somebody with his GYNORMOUS head!!
I hate the head and I hate being the head. I find myself squirming down in my seat cause of some paranoia going on in my brain about them miffed at my big fat head.

8. The Spoiler – Oh you know it!! You’ve met him!! You don’t see him inside the cinema, you will probably meet him either in the line, buying the tickets, in the restroom, or worse you meet him while he’s leaving and you’re entering the cinema (70% of the time)! 2 Hours of film ruined by a single line!
I know a guy with a group of his friends who downloaded and watched 'Saw' and then went to the cinema on opening day and as the first scene took place...........they stood up and yelled
WARNING: "saw" spoilers below
"It's the dead guy"
pi$$ing the hell out of folks who found out at the end, they were rights then demanded money back from the manager cause it was ruined for them. Those clowns were just lucky they didn't run into the wrong kind of people. Mm-hmm.

7thson 08-11-07 12:52 AM

The, I know I am gonna hate this movie so why am I here anyway? Person.

For me a movie is supposed to be an entertaining time, a time to relax and wind down and a time for escape. I hate when "people (persons)" make it perfectly clear that they do not want to see the movie that is about to start. I do not care if it was your "partner's" time to pick the film and you just know that you are going to hate it. During the movie, (and they know darn well when they go in they are going to hate it, even if they like it) they spout things like "that is stupid", or this movie sucks", like we care.

Caitlyn 08-11-07 09:18 PM

I'm with Yoda on the Text Messenger… and Holden on the Wrapper Crinkler… I hate both of those.... and another one that annoys the H out of me is the Ice Cruncher... :frustrated:

Oh, and I also agree with Holden about saying something… and I do…

Thursday Next 08-19-07 10:46 AM

Mr. and Miss We're Only sitting in this screen until it's safe for us to sneak into the screen next door to see the movie we aren't old enough to buy tickets for.

Mr. I Can put my feet up on the seat in front if I like

..and another vote for the Text Messager.
How hard is it to use some of the cinema staff hanging around to work as ushers? Do we not pay enough for our tickets?

The Prestige 08-19-07 11:09 AM

Wow, i've got to be honest and say that I have never really had horrible experience with these hated Movie Goers before. I dunno why, I guess i'm just really lucky :). The text message thing doesn't bother me at all. I barely notice it. That said, I have heard some ridiculous stories about some of the worst Movie Goers in a film mag once.

There was this one story where a guy was watching Gladiator and had to hear a couple talking Spanish whilst watching it - because one of the couples was translating the WHOLE film to their partner!
I would have switched!

The Prestige 08-19-07 11:18 AM

Wow, i've got to be honest and say that I have never really had horrible experience with these hated Movie Goers before. I dunno why, I guess i'm just really lucky :). The text message thing doesn't bother me at all. I barely notice it. That said, I have heard some ridiculous stories about some of the worst Movie Goers in a film mag once.

There was this one story where a guy was watching Gladiator and had to hear a couple talking Spanish whilst watching it - because one of the couples was translating the WHOLE film to their partner!
I would have switched!

Escape 08-19-07 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Prestige (Post 379719)
I would have switched!
Whoever was in front of them, should have pulled a Costanza on their a$$.

Just insert the translating bozos with the noisy hoods in this clip and voilà, perfect picture of how sweeeet it would have been if such an incident happened before our very eyes. :up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWDXnaBgKs

snoutointment 08-19-07 12:24 PM

Mr. or Mrs. "We Can't Afford or Find a Babysitter (Let Alone a Relative) to Watch Our INFANT (Yes, INFANT) So We'll Bring Him/Her to the Movie in His/Her Baby Carrier/Car Seat Thing and Plop it Down On a Theater Seat Beside US"

I saw this happen at "The Simpsons Movie". An infant, two seats down, strapped in a baby-carrier/car seat looking thing. (I don't have kids. I don't know what that thing is called. Looks like a car seat with a big handle to carry it.) I know it took up a seat though. I also know they paid for movie tickets and snacks, so they obviously have enough disposable income for recreation. Yet not enough for a babysitter?

Plus, I heard the baby complaining about how CG animation has rendered hand-drawn cartoons nearly obsolete. Hey, baby! Shut up!

WSSlover 05-07-08 01:20 PM

Here's another Hated Movie Goer: the chair-kicker. When I attended a midnight screening of The Warriors at one of my favorite movie theatres, there was a woman in back of me who kept kicking my chair throughout much of the movie. Most of the crowd, including the chair-kicker, was drunk off of their butts, so I got a rather nasty, sneering response from her when I finally turned around and asked her to stop. Nonetheless, she stopped kicking my chair and things went on without a hitch.

FernTree 05-07-08 02:44 PM

Hmmm ... guess I maybe guilty of these.

It's a comedy and surely the whole point is to laugh and if it is good enough ... with gusto :yup:

2. Ol’ Clappers – Here’s a great scene, you’re in the mood, the climax starts up, everyone is intently watching, then you hear It.. CLAP CLAP… WTF??!!! CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!! This guy is so amazed by the scene/climax he decided to clap at the movie!! (You rarely see this guy but he’s out there, waiting for that perfect scene to ruin or CLAP on, in his case)
Yes I am but only at comedies will I during the movie http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/clap.gif ... I do clap at end sometimes :shrug:

Originally Posted by JBriscoe
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Totally disagree. I have become Mr. Angry ...
I agree ... I too have had to on occasion become this one ... hey it costs money don't it
on one occassion Kiss Kiss Bang Bang ... the narration starts and so does bimbette to her friend about her latest puppy love http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/gripe.gif ... had to stand up and address the situation in a fierce whisper.
Another occasion Sin City near the beginning young mister cool gets a call on the mobile and proceeds to inform us and his friend that he is currently watching a film and continues with his review of the film ... this time I was a bit louder in my request for him to end the call, even predicted to him that if he didn't, his phone would be inserted into an orifice which would require medical attention to recover. http://forums.civfanatics.com/images...s/wallbash.gif

Another two ... but related are ...

The Great Unwashed and Freshly Bathed in Perfume and Bathroom Product
You're sitting, waiting and eager for a entertaining film experience. But suddenly you are enveloped by a cloud of rancid gym sweaty body odour or equally as bad, over powered by the sickly sweet essence of either floral gardens or alpine forest. http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/aargh4.gif

film_days xYz 05-07-08 05:08 PM

The Little Delinquent Who Refuses To Listen To Their Mother
That little guy who refuses to sit down in his chair properly and be quiet, then screams at his mother/father etc. when told to be a good little boy.

The 'I'm Still On My Couch' Guy
You're sitting in the chair, halfway into the incredible climax of the whole darned thing and this guy, thinking he's on his couch, props his feet on the chair right next to your head.

The Man With A Feast In His Lap
That guy who goes past in the row behind you with 5 bags of popcorn, milk duds, two sodas and nachos for his companion, and once they finally make it to their seat you're forced to listen to their munching and slurping for the entire night ( though this one is rare for me).

The Lavatory Maniac
The guy who sits next to you and pleads 'sorry' every time he forces you to stand and go to the bathroom, every five minutes.

the Comic Book Hero
The one who makes a sound (like 'kapowee' or 'bam') in an action scene when shots are thrown.

The Big Sleeper
I mean, come on...

I, though, have limited encounters with these people, or any others for that matter. And on another note, unless someone is acting extremely intolerant and is utterly lacking in respect for his fellow moviegoers, I try and let it slide. We all come at films our own way (though some just aren't right), and I'm guilty of the chit-chatter category, I should admit. I find, when I'm with a devoted moviegoer like myself, we tend to talk about everything that is going on in the film, and our reactions to things, instead of leaving it to the critics we become later, but most of the time I'm far too engaged to talk the show through.

And a laugh or a 'kapowee' here and there didn't always hurt someone, I enjoy that type of enthusiasm in a film, might even make it more enjoyable.

meatwadsprite 05-07-08 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 378387)
The Guy Who Sends Text Messages
Hey , I know that guy !

I remember when I saw Ice Age 2 in the theatre : that was the very worst enviroment ever.

Pretty much it was all kids everywhere , a couple babys crying and their mothers refused to take them out of the theatre - really , they just sat there with the crying babys , 3 different mothers !

Then there were all these little kids talking throughout the whole thing - and parents that kept talking back. Plus many kids just making noises , like the little girl next to me kept shaking an empty soda.

globalbpo 05-08-08 07:14 AM

i hate those that go "uh huh, uh huh" and "tsk tsk tsk"

HASSARD1994 05-08-08 06:22 PM

I hate people who talk during movies, be it at the cinema or when i'm watching a DVD at home.
One night i was watching Moonraker then my bro and his girlfriend come in and wreak the mood, grr it annoys me so much

WSSlover 05-09-08 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by HASSARD1994 (Post 433463)
I hate people who talk during movies, be it at the cinema or when i'm watching a DVD at home.
One night i was watching Moonraker then my bro and his girlfriend come in and wreak the mood, grr it annoys me so much
You've made a good point by posting this, HASSARD. Many people complain that this kind of disruption only occurrs in movie theatres, but the experience that you had when your brother and his girlfriend came in and disrupted Moonraker for you while you were watching it on DVD proves the point that movie theatre goers don't have a monopoly in this kind of disruptiveness.

TheUsualSuspect 05-09-08 06:36 PM

1. The Seat Kicker

2. The Bright Cell Phone In Dark Moron

3. The Chatterbox

4. The Laugh At Non Funny Moments Moron

5. The Hoot and Holla At Hot Guy/Girl In Movie Moron

6. The Steal Your Arm Rest Moron

7. The Complainer

8. The Let's Take Our Kid To An Adult Movie Moron

9. The Joker (Tries To Make Funny Comment Out Loud)

10. The Screamers (When there is nothing to scream about)

Honourable mention:

Wrapper Crinkler & Amazed At Every Scene Guy.

WSSlover 05-09-08 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 433671)
1. The Seat Kicker

3. The Chatterbox

5. The Hoot and Holla At Hot Guy/Girl In Movie Moron

6. The Steal Your Arm Rest Moron

7. The Complainer

8. The Let's Take Our Kid To An Adult Movie Moron

9. The Joker (Tries To Make Funny Comment Out Loud)

10. The Screamers (When there is nothing to scream about)

Honourable mention:

Wrapper Crinkler & Amazed At Every Scene Guy.
Another good list, UsualSuspect. Couldn't agree more. Thanks.

undercoverlover 05-10-08 07:10 PM

A Rare find but annoying nonetheless - the Mr. I'll sit down in my seat so hard that it'll crack your knees behind me. - Sweeney todd was ruined by this guy who cracked my knees twice by practically throwing himself into his seat.

Mr. I need to keep my phone on AND check it constantly so everyone will be annoyed by the glare of my phone light same guy from sweeney todd, whoever you are i wish u a slow and painful viewing of Southland Tales

Sci-Fi-Guy 05-10-08 09:44 PM

Cel Phoners
I couldn't believe this one guy.
He was actually on his cellphone twice during Transformers and was telling his friend on the other line that he was watching the Transformers.
Ugh...

Seat Kickers
Every half hour or so they kick your seat.
It's not alot but it's enough to get annoying.

Kid 'Splainers
One time this guy was talking to his kid through the whole damn movie. He explained what what going on, what certain things meant, and what every sign or written note said.
Wasn't even quiet about it. Talking like they were the only 2 people in the theater. Plus he went to the bathroom every 20 minutes.

(people may hate me for this one)
Loud Mentally Handicapped
I swear, the same guy every time. He obviously likes the same movies as I do but there was this one mentally disabled guy in a wheelchair who I saw at least 4 or 5 different times (same guy, I saw him) and I was really getting annoyed at his loud outbursts. As much as I felt bad for the guy and sure he deserves to enjoy the 'movie experience' just like everybody else, but I think his handler should have probably taken him to a less busy showing instead of a packed opening night each time or waited for the DVD.
It was like a loud forced laugh every 5 -10 minutes or so and during the non-funny quiet scenes.
"HAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......
HAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....
"
He always sat up front and each time never stayed for the entire movie. Maybe half to 2/3 through till leaving.

Old Lady Staring Me Down
Ok, this one time I went to see The Kingdom and when I was taking a seat an old lady and her adult daughter (I assume) were sitting on the end seats. I said "Excuse me." to get past them as I was carrying a bag, large popcorn and large rootbeer. The daughter sat back and moved her legs in but the old lady didn't. As I tried to maneuver past them I accidentally sorta stepped on part of her toe. It wasn't a heavy step, I just caught the corner of it but the old lady screamed bloody murder.
I apologised repeatedly to her asking if she was OK but she instead whispered something to her daughter and gave me 'the evil eye'.
Again I said I was sorry and finally went to my seat.
I kid you not through the whole movie every time I looked over at her she was staring at me with a look of horror on her face like I was the devil himself.
I mean, my foot didn't crush her toe or anything I swivelled as soon as I felt it under my shoe but I think she may have given me a voodoo gypsy curse or something after that.
Was kinda hard to get into the movie after that.

:rolleyes:

mark f 05-10-08 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sci-Fi-Guy (Post 433879)

Loud Mentally Handicapped
I swear, the same guy every time. He obviously likes the same movies as I do but there was this one mentally disabled guy in a wheelchair who I saw at least 4 or 5 different times (same guy, I saw him) and I was really getting annoyed at his loud outbursts. As much as I felt bad for the guy and sure he deserves to enjoy the 'movie experience' just like everybody else, but I think his handler should have probably taken him to a less busy showing instead of a packed opening night each time or waited for the DVD.
It was like a loud forced laugh every 5 -10 minutes or so and during the non-funny quiet scenes.
"HAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......
HAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....."
He always sat up front and each time never stayed for the entire movie. Maybe half to 2/3 through till leaving.

Old Lady Staring Me Down
Ok, this one time I went to see The Kingdom and when I was taking a seat an old lady and her adult daughter (I assume) were sitting on the end seats. I said "Excuse me." to get past them as I was carrying a bag, large popcorn and large rootbeer. The daughter sat back and moved her legs in but the old lady didn't. As I tried to maneuver past them I accidentally sorta stepped on part of her toe. It wasn't a heavy step, I just caught the corner of it but the old lady screamed bloody murder.
I apologised repeatedly to her asking if she was OK but she instead whispered something to her daughter and gave me 'the evil eye'.
Again I said I was sorry and finally went to my seat.
I kid you not through the whole movie every time I looked over at her she was staring at me with a look of horror on her face like I was the devil himself.
I mean, my foot didn't crush her toe or anything I swivelled as soon as I felt it under my shoe but I think she may have given me a voodoo gypsy curse or something after that.
Was kinda hard to get into the movie after that.

:rolleyes:
I think those last two are God trying to tell you something. I'm not sure what, but I enjoyed reading those. Maybe it's trying to teach you patience or understanding, or just figuring out that you need to go to a different theatre or sit in a different row. :cool:

I realize your situation is different, but I figure every time somebody comes up to me and tries to panhandle, I have to decide how serious their situation is and what I should do. I usually give them something, but the times I don't I almost always feel like I screwed up because "there but for the grace of God go I".

Sorry about babbling. Keep having as much fun as possible at the flicks. :up:

thebest 05-11-08 05:55 PM

I love the "Amazed at every scene guy". Cuz that's me!

Do cinemas not have "Child Screen/s" where you guys are? I usually wait for the DVD for kid flicks but I'd be fine going to my local cuz the "parent with inconsiderately diarrhoetic infant" would be in their own screen.

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 05-11-08 06:08 PM

The Silent Stinky Farter
http://www.parentsbehavingbadly.com/...7/06/stink.jpg

TheUsualSuspect 05-11-08 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by globalbpo (Post 433381)
i hate those that go "uh huh, uh huh" and "tsk tsk tsk"
Oh My God, the guy right next to me kept doing that during There Will Be Blood. I hate that guy.

The Next Big Thing 05-12-08 06:41 AM

lol funny thread. makes me wonder why we all go to theater.

WSSlover 05-12-08 11:29 AM

Here's yet another thing to add to the list: The Giggler.

Last night, when my sister in law and I attended a screening of WSS at a local repertory theatre (one of the two left in our area), there were a whole bunch of people talking in non-English, and there was one woman who was giggling through the whole Overture part of the movie. Finally she stopped after being told to shut up afew times, but it was a bit unnerving, to say the least.

VeronicaJ 05-12-08 12:54 PM

Mr. Zeeuw (inhabitant of province zeeland) I was on a date (with a zeeuw) and there was a zeeuw family sitting behind us. Now im usually freaking out on a date because im shy. But the family behind us brought there ow food, took off their shoes and put there feet on my date's chair and were talking and burping during the movie. After finishing our beers during the movie we felt like throwing the bottles at them. He did turn out to be my boyfriend for some time, so that was the positive side of it ;)

Caitlyn 05-12-08 01:15 PM

The audience I watched Ironman with the other night had to be one of the best I've sat with in a while... no cell phones, no talking... no weird noises... and everyone laughed... oooed... ouched... and AHed at the same time... :p

undercoverlover 05-12-08 01:20 PM

i bet if all the mofos who complained in this thread sat down and watched a film together and we filmed the experience we would find that we are the people we moan about

The Next Big Thing 05-12-08 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by undercoverlover (Post 434244)
i bet if all the mofos who complained in this thread sat down and watched a film together and we filmed the experience we would find that we are the people we moan about
haha probably mate

justin99justin 05-12-08 05:19 PM

how about dreamcatcher
does any one likes it

VeronicaJ 05-12-08 05:20 PM

Im sure they will, ive got the nasty habit of laughing hard when somebody gets killed in an unnormal way (like being chopped by a helicopter) i cant help it :rolleyes:

Monkeypunch 05-12-08 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 433671)

I had to deal with both of these when I saw Speed Racer this weekend. SO ANNOYING. :mad:

Gorguts 05-13-08 03:19 PM

The only thing that really pisses me off is stupid parents + noisy kids. Otherwise, I can handle it without wanting to kill everyone.

bennyandthejet 05-13-08 03:45 PM

I hate how the norm is paying 10-15$ for a ticket, 10$ for popcorn, and 5$ for a drink where I live. I have been to other states and it is like 4-5$ a ticket.

FILMFREAK087 05-13-08 03:54 PM

I HATE those comic-book nerds who insist on running their commentary behind me-DURING SPIDER-MAN2!

Sci-Fi-Guy 05-13-08 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by FILMFREAK087 (Post 434457)
I HATE those comic-book nerds who insist on running their commentary behind me-DURING SPIDER-MAN2!
Sorry...
My bad.:rolleyes:

:p

pagerok 05-14-08 11:17 AM

We still have a drive in here and I hate when someone in one of those jacked up trucks parks in front of my compact car.

WSSlover 05-14-08 08:20 PM

Never gave this any consideration, undercoverlover, but that's entirely possible. LOL! :eek:

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 05-14-08 09:03 PM

I don't think so, we're MoFo's.

http://www.idea-sandbox.com/blog/blo...s/mr_clean.jpg

mixxy 06-19-08 11:21 AM

1. The ghetto gang of middle school/high school kids who come in late and like to either break up in smaller groups so they can shout at each other from top to bottom of the theater or sit together and pick on others. Always laughing and talking through the whole movie and if someone says "shutup", they laugh and get defensive to start trouble.

2. The jerk who likes to shout something lame, usually one word or a noise, during a quiet part in the movie and hear people either pissed off or giggling at it.

king_of_movies_316 06-20-08 12:16 AM

You know when your friend tells you about a awsome movie they watched. You think to your self "dam if he says the film is that good then i gotta see it!". Then just as he is about the finish talking about it he mentions the best scene in the movie (usaly the last one) and SPOILES the friggin thing!

WSSlover 06-20-08 02:45 PM

While we're still on this subject: Not long after I went and saw Schindler's List with my brother and a friend of mine, I read an article in the NY Times about an incident where a bunch of young high school kids, who'd been taken on a class trip to see Schindler's List, and were laughing through the whole thing, particularly the most horrific parts of it. That, to me, was rather frightening, because it goes to show that some people really have been totally de-sensitized by violence, and have no sense of reality or history, nor do they care about the suffering of others. Worse, the teacher who chaperoned the class trip to see the movie attempted to put the best complexion on it by making up the excuse that they were young and didn't know better. All this having been said, my opinion is that, yes, the kids were young, but old enough to know better.

Monster Club Productions 06-30-08 01:25 PM

i went to a late showing once and some...lets call them thugs...were throwing stuff at me...it was either dimes, or candy...how do i know dimes if it was infact currency? I dont know...dimes is just what i am choosing to believe. I dont get why people pay to get into a movie just to fool around.

n3wt 07-01-08 08:14 AM

I really hate people who for some strange reason likes to ramm thier whole arm in the packet of sweets and rattle like hell, this pisses me off especailly when they are sat very close to you.

WSSlover 07-01-08 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch (Post 434270)
I had to deal with both of these when I saw Speed Racer this weekend. SO ANNOYING. :mad:
I remember going to see the film The Harder They Come at the (now-defunct) Orson Wells Cinema, just outside Boston, MA, with my family, back in the mid-1970's, when "The Harder They Come" was "the" movie to go see and hearing a bunch of people in the back of the theatre, who were clearly stoned, just laughing hysterically at the really sadistic parts of this film. How sad.

pfiction94 07-05-08 07:40 PM

1. TALKERS! For the most part its the only thing that I cant stand. I dont care if its the damn previews, shut your mouth and watch the damn movie

2. People that cannot eat quietly and/or the arse hole that finishes his drink 10 minutes into the movie and crunches the ice or slurps the last 3 drops of liquid out of the damn cup

3. I hate hate hate the stupid girls that go to movies and scream obnoxiously every six seconds through the whole movie....even worse, when they come in groups....Never again will I go see any scary movie after 7 on a friday or saturday night.

4. The people that come late, and walk around looking for their friends that are already seated. Sit the **** down and watch the movie, you will see them in a couple hours anyway.

5. Any twat that plays with their phone in the theater, seriously dude put it away The screen is to bright to anyone sitting behind you and its an uneeded distraction. I payed 8 bucks to see the movie, not what you are doing with your stupid sidekick...

Mrs. Darcy 07-08-08 09:06 AM

The guy that can't get comfortable and moves around in his seat the whole stinking movie.

The lady that has to repeat the dialogue for her husband who can't hear well.

How do they find me to sit by me so frequently?

Justin 07-08-08 09:11 AM

Mostly those who make far too much noise with their food (both eating and crumpling of bags). They always proceed to slurp their drinks afterwards, followed by a loud "ahhhh".

And people who talk, of course.

WSSlover 07-12-08 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by bennyandthejet (Post 434455)
I hate how the norm is paying 10-15$ for a ticket, 10$ for popcorn, and 5$ for a drink where I live. I have been to other states and it is like 4-5$ a ticket.
The best way to combat that somewhat, imo, is to obtain a yearly membership at a favorite movie theatre that you tend to frequent more than other theatres in your area (assuming that they have membership options), which would enable you to get a discount when you go into the theatre for a movie. I have a yearly membership at Brookline's Coolidge Corner Theatre, in Brookline, MA, and I can get into the movies for a three-dollar discount; I pay 6.75 instead of 9.75. It's a good deal, imo, plus I can get into certain events that're free for members, and go to "members only" events.

Calistyr 07-12-08 03:04 PM

1 people who sit right next to you even when the theater is full of open seats

2 people who sit right behind you and put their feet up on the chair by your head, c'mon now!

3 people who clap when anything significant happens

4 people who "forget" they have a cell phone

5 people who decipher what they believe will happen next, aloud!

6 people who sit behind you and grab your seat, yanking you back every time they adjust themselves or get up

7 people who sit behind you and continually knee your seat

8 people who talk throughout the entire movie, couldn't your $12 get you somewhere more appropriate for that?

9 people who make negative comments while the movie is playing

10 people who explain the entire movie step by step to their kids, yeah I said it! I love kids, but isn't that what matinees are for? If they don't get any part of it, is it really age appropriate? Are they old enough to appreciate seeing a movie in the theater, did they ask to go or would they enjoy it just as much at home?

Based on my top ten sounds like I should stay away from the theater myself, eh? Never the less, we all enjoy it for our own reasons, in our own way and I never said I was extraordinary!

James_Sparrow 07-12-08 04:06 PM

1. The B.O - It's happened to everyone. Your sitting there enjoying the movie then suddenly this odd smell comes lofting over into your general vicinity. The type that makes you gag. No its not someone who just let one rip (Those are just as bad), this is someone who doesn't shower often or very well.

2. The Late-Comers - Thats right, opening night and its a pretty packed theater and in come some more people who just always seem to come up to you and ask you to move over a couple seats so they can all get in. To which I always end up replying "No, you should have come earlier."

WSSlover 07-13-08 08:00 AM

Another annoying moviegoer: When a person who's way taller than you comes and purposely sits right in front of you, thereby blocking your view, even though there are other seats they could've chosen.

I'm also in agreement about the people who mess around with their cellphones during movies, or who take telephone calls during that time, also. We pay to see movies, not to have jerks like that.

TheGirlWhoHadAllTheLuck_ 07-13-08 10:01 AM

Children behave terribly in movies. Other annoying people:

The person Who Makes 'Clever' Comments Throughout the film
Facetious little remarks, which are rarely funny but really annoying. Things like 'Maybe I shouldn't have done that!' when someone shoots someone. And then his mates/family start laughing, because it is clearly so witty. It's a serious film for crying out loud.

The Miserable Person
You come out of the cinema really enjoying a film and there's always someone who goes 'That sucked!' or 'What a waste of my time- it was awful!'. Excuse me, I liked that film and now you're making me feel miserable.

The Greedy Person
They always seem to choose a seat right against the wall so everyone has to contort their legs so Mr Greedy and his Greedy Wife can push through with their jumbo-sized...popcorn.

WSSlover 07-14-08 01:23 AM

Once, around 30 years ago, when a friend of mine and I attended
an evening screening of West Side Story at the Harvard Square Theatre when it was a classics revival moviehouse, a bunch of stupid guys began calling each other by name out loud in the darkened movie theatre, after the Rumble and stabbings had taken place, and Tony, who was quite freaked out, called Maria's name. It was rather distracting, and finally somebody told those guys to shut up. Whew!

TheGirlWhoHadAllTheLuck_ 07-23-08 10:08 AM

People who try and guess out loud what's going to happen next

xLeah 08-26-08 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 378400)

Yeah I don't have anything against seeing kids in cinemas when its a horror film. One thing that did really piss me off was when i went to see Hostel, and there was a group of kids watching that, they were seriously about seven. They weren't sat next to any adults or anything. It was really disturbing seeing as the beginnings kinda like a soft porno, and the rest of it is majorly sick. Little kids shouldn't watch that. I mean, i watched it and thought it was sickening, and i'm sixteen. Underage to watch the film i know, but atleast i understand that its all fake and ****. It's ****ing gross that seven year olds can watch that and not be scared shitless.