Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Superman: Man of Steel (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=23716)

The Gunslinger45 05-27-13 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 908303)
My internet isn't allowing videos :(

Is that video about...
WARNING: "Supes" spoilers below
... the possibility that Krypton isn't destroyed?
I just hope this is not true

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
And I hope they put a ***** ton of people in the Phantom Zone and that is where they came from. Either that or the lost City of Kandor or even Argos City.

moviebuffUK 05-27-13 01:36 PM

Re: Superman: Man of Steel

In regards to the spoiler, makes perfect sense and I don't think it'll spoil the movie. Makes sense when you see the latest trailer.

Masterman 05-27-13 01:52 PM

I can't wait to see this, I think ime going to get gallery tickets to IMAX.

gandalf26 05-27-13 06:41 PM

So what if spoiler is true. Won't do any damage I think.

I don't think there will be a "Clark Kent", as in clumsy reporter with spectacles either, perhaps until the end anyway.

No Kryptonite.

Hopefully no Lex Luther.

Will be really glad if they are doing something new and not following the same old pattern.

The Gunslinger45 05-27-13 06:44 PM

No kryptonite and Luthor I have no beef with. They can always go there if they choose later. And IMO Luthor has been done to death. Try Braniac or something dammit!

gandalf26 05-27-13 06:49 PM

Trailer 3 should be banned for being TOO EPIC!

The Rodent 06-03-13 02:22 PM

Man Of Steel will have a connection to Nolan's Batman Universe... Wayne Enterprises will be making a showing in a blink-and-miss-it scene.

Satans Puppet 06-09-13 04:29 PM

Got a screening of this day before release but there might be a screening of the Heat with Bullock in attendance. I'm really looking forward to Man of Steel but how many times are they going to try rebooting this?

Superman is an icon but perhaps he's not a movie icon?

Nausicaä 06-13-13 08:48 AM

The only cinemas releasing 3D and 2D are:

Banbury
Braehead
Bristol
Canterbury
Cardiff
Darlington
Dorchester
Dumphries
Gerrard's Cross
Greenwich
Kingston
Liverpool ONE
Manchester
Metro Centre
Muswell Hill
Norwich
Putney
Southampton
Uxbridge
Wimbledon

Everywhere else is 3D only.
^ That list was a load of rubbish wherever you got it from... it must be for one cinema chain only because every cinema in my area is showing BOTH versions: Odeon, Vue, Cineworld.

So now I can just go 2 miles down the road to see Superman: Man of Steel! Don't need to wait now.

The Rodent 06-13-13 08:55 AM

I forgot about that. My local is the same. They weren't showing 2D last week when I checked, but now they are.

Seems someone has changed their ideas.

meatwadsprite 06-15-13 01:09 AM

Crappy reviews, Snyder sucks again.

MichealJohn 06-15-13 06:59 AM

NICE STORYLINE:

A child sent to Earth from a dying planet is adopted by a couple in rural Kansas. Posing as a journalist, he uses his extraordinary powers to protect the his new home from an insidious evil. A young journalist is forced to confront his secret extraterrestrial heritage when Earth is invaded by members of his race.
A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind. Clark Kent is a freelance reporter in his early 20's, traveling all around the world covering various news stories. However, Kent is forced to fly back into action to attain a fleeing assassin instead of covering an ethnic conflict between the Ghuri and Turaaba clans in West Africa. Upon his return to form, Kent returns to Smallville to learn more about his origins and become the hero he was born to be. A reboot of the Superman franchise. Various sources have mentioned many variations of the plot, but neither Warner Bros nor the director, Zack Snyder, have confirmed the story.

Masterman 06-15-13 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite (Post 912844)
Alot of critics are blaming Nolan.

Mingusings 06-15-13 07:49 AM

Saw it and I didn't like it. There were no fun scenes. It tried to be really emotional but didn't work.

Masterman 06-15-13 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mingusings (Post 912882)
Saw it and I didn't like it. There were no fun scenes. It tried to be really emotional but didn't work.

More detail please?.

Mingusings 06-15-13 09:48 AM

I just found the whole film to be quite boring. There was little excitement or entertainment in it. The first 15 minutes were the origin story, which offered nothing new. After that, the plot kind of jumps around, which I really liked. Unfortunately, what is jumps to was not so interesting. We see Clark in his early 20s, bouncing around to different jobs. Then we see him meet Lois Lane. Throughout all of this, we have flashbacks to Clark as a young schoolboy being bullied, but these bully scenes are very standard. We've seen these in other movies. Then we get into the action, which I won't spoil. The visual effects were insanely awesome, but that was about it. Aside from the effects, they really had nothing to offer. Throughout the film, they tried to have really emotional moments where it got really quiet and you would see superman kneel down and then epic music started to slowly play amidst dream-like cinematography. And then superman would shoot up into the air. These scenes had me laughing at how stupid they were. Not only were they useless, but they could not have possibly worked because the characters were so poorly developed. I originally was criticizing the acting in the film, but in retrospect, the actors were given nothing to do with their characters. I know some people are loving this movie, but I just don't see it.

gandalf26 06-15-13 10:47 AM

Going to see it in t minus 8 hours. I'm fairly sure I will be disappointed.

Nausicaä 06-15-13 11:09 AM

Why don't you make up your own mind... unless you have seen it.

JayDee 06-15-13 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Masterman (Post 912878)
Alot of critics are blaming Nolan.
Yeah I've seen a few people blaming Nolan/David Goyer for trying to force the Batman template onto Superman, a character that doesn't really suit a dark and gritty take. As a result it lacks any humour or warmth, and plays out like a Michael Bay film. Certainly some of the spoilers I've stumbled across don't sound like classic Superman.

JoeHorrorFanatic 06-15-13 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nausicaä (Post 912901)
Why don't you make up your own mind... unless you have seen it.
+ rep for that. You can't just automatically say that a director and his movie suck if you haven't seen the movie in the first place.
I just went and saw it today, and I loved it.

Masterman 06-15-13 06:04 PM

Well gave in to temptation.

Just leaving cinema but I'd give it.

Best comic book movie I've seen.

Shadow 06-15-13 06:14 PM

Got back from this a moment ago, really enjoyed it. I've never been the biggest Superman fan but this is definitely a good version of him. I'd give this a 9/10.

JoeHorrorFanatic 06-15-13 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Masterman (Post 913008)

Idk if it's the best, but it's certainly better than Iron Man 3.

Masterman 06-15-13 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by JoeHorrorFanatic (Post 913013)
Maybe it's the excitement because I've just seen it, but I had so much fun watching it. The end was just massive, never seen anything like it. I wernt a massive fan of the original superman so maybe that's why I enjoyed this so much. Zack Snyder is fast becoming my favourite director.

McConnaughay 06-15-13 07:54 PM

I don't suspect it to be amazing, but I suspect to thoroughly enjoy it when I go and see it sometime next week.

JoeHorrorFanatic 06-15-13 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Masterman (Post 913020)
Maybe it's the excitement because I've just seen it, but I had so much fun watching it. The end was just massive, never seen anything like it. I wernt a massive fan of the original superman so maybe that's why I enjoyed this so much. Zack Snyder is fast becoming my favourite director.
I'm not sure if he'd be in my top ten, but I've been a fan of Zack Snyder since Dawn of the Dead. After seeing his latest work, it's easy to forgive him for Sucker Punch.

Mingusings 06-16-13 08:56 AM

What exactly did you like about it so much? Or more specifically, what did you see in this movie that you've never seen in any other comic book adaption?

meatwadsprite 06-16-13 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by JoeHorrorFanatic (Post 913002)
+ rep for that. You can't just automatically say that a director and his movie suck if you haven't seen the movie in the first place.
I just went and saw it today, and I loved it.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...xmlOjs6-T3igEX http://www.movieforums.com/community...3U1lZWVwT/2Q== http://www.movieforums.com/community...TppUqVEB//2Q== http://www.movieforums.com/community...x8vJxwe1bP/9k= https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...ct-KGNwO06A1o8 http://www.movieforums.com/community...ygDJrJrysoA//Z

All of his movies are just flashy gimmick visuals with no heart or soul and Man of Steel has gotten all bad to mediocre reviews. I'm pretty safe with saying his superman sucks without seeing it.

Masterman 06-17-13 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mingusings (Post 913170)
What exactly did you like about it so much? Or more specifically, what did you see in this movie that you've never seen in any other comic book adaption?
This movie is getting stick because Synder and Nolan have changed how Superman should be. Superman Returns failed big time so why would they go down a route like that again. They changed superman for the better. I loved Krypton, how we was shown alot more about it, we seen there animals, there technology, there law. I loved how Superman wasnt some cheesy guy running from a phone box in his red and blue suit. Man Of Steel was everything I wanted and more. This movie had to go big because of everything else around.

n3wt 06-17-13 12:29 PM

Im really looking forward to watching this, my son (and me :p ) love all these superhero films and this looks epic!

DexterRiley 06-17-13 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by JoeHorrorFanatic (Post 913013)
but is it better than Iron Man (2008)?

gandalf26 06-18-13 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Masterman (Post 913008)

Did we watch the same movie?

mark f 06-18-13 02:51 PM

Probably so but with different eyes and hearts.

Yoda 06-18-13 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by mark f (Post 913940)
Well, if that ain't the most poignant thing I've read today.

JayDee 06-18-13 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by mark f (Post 913940)
:bawling: That's beautiful man!

JoeHorrorFanatic 06-18-13 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite (Post 913379)
I'll agree on Sucker Punch, but Watchmen had an actual story to go with the visuals. So did 300 and Dawn of the Dead.

teeter_g 06-18-13 10:12 PM

Upon first viewing I give this movie a solid
+ it's likely to come up when I review at home.

Nausicaä 06-19-13 09:24 AM

I'll agree on Sucker Punch, but Watchmen had an actual story to go with the visuals. So did 300 and Dawn of the Dead.
I'm the opposite, love Sucker Punch but didn't like Watchmen on first watch, I bought the director's cut on Blu-ray so I'm going to watch it a second time to give it a second chance. Also really liked Dawn of the Dead and 300. :D

JoeHorrorFanatic 06-19-13 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nausicaä (Post 914191)
I'm the opposite, love Sucker Punch but didn't like Watchmen on first watch, I bought the director's cut on Blu-ray so I'm going to watch it a second time to give it a second chance. Also really liked Dawn of the Dead and 300. :D
I didn't initially think much of Watchmen on my first viewing either; I thought it was kind of boring. But the more I thought about it, the more I started to appreciate it, and when I watched the director's cut I ended up loving it. Hopefully you'll have the same results.

Equilibrium 06-25-13 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite (Post 913379)
Kind of ignorant to judge any movie before you see it.

mastermetal777 06-25-13 04:28 AM

I really liked Man of Steel. It had its flaws like bad first-half writing and character development, but the action packed second-half and the great acting more than make up for it. 3.5/5 stars

Proximity 06-25-13 04:58 AM

Mad corny, awful dialogue, moronic ending. Good action, though.

Nausicaä 06-25-13 07:09 AM

and an amazing score by Hans Zimmer.

McConnaughay 06-25-13 07:20 AM

I haven't gotten around to watching Man of Steel yet, which is a bazaar one for me because I'm usually very quick about watching movies, always seeing them when they first open, etc., but I'm actually going to be going to see it and hopefully World War Z both on Thursday.

mastermetal777 06-25-13 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Proximity (Post 916346)

Mad corny, awful dialogue, moronic ending. Good action, though.

Have you even seen the other Superman films? The corny factor in those films is over 9000

Kristyangeljackets 11-30-14 03:21 PM

Man Of Steel is the best movie of Superman of all time. and a good return of him as well. this shows that the fans of Superman still loves him alot

gandalf26 11-30-14 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kristyangeljackets (Post 1211979)
Man Of Steel is the worst movie of Superman of all time. and a bad return of him as well. this shows that the fans of Superman still loves him alot
Couldn't agree more mate.

Kristyangeljackets 11-30-14 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 1211981)
Couldn't agree more mate.
NO it's wrong. i didn't mean that

Kristyangeljackets 11-30-14 03:44 PM

i really love this movie. seriously. and you love it too that's why you're here

gandalf26 11-30-14 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kristyangeljackets (Post 1211993)
i really hate this movie. seriously. and you hate it too that's why you're here
Yea we're definitely on the same wavelength buddy!

Kristyangeljackets 11-30-14 06:05 PM

What The Hell :mad: ..

jrs 11-30-14 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kristyangeljackets (Post 1211979)
Man Of Steel is the best movie of Superman of all time.

The Rodent 07-14-15 06:10 AM

Rather than clogging up the BvS thread... watch this, and tell me you don't get goosebumps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuGy...yer_detailpage

jrs 07-14-15 04:48 PM

I always had a fondness for this movie. I have no clue whatsoever what the bashing is about. This is probably the best reincarnation to date. If Superman ever gets another reboot, which I doubt it ever will due to the fact of the now DC Cinematic Universe and Henry Cavil is part of the whole thing....there is no way they can outdo the character. Unless they make it a real flying human being with special powers literally given to him with no special effects. lol

Tugg 07-14-15 04:57 PM

The biggest problem with Superman is that he is too powerful. I hope Batman kicks his arse somehow.

The Rodent 07-14-15 05:19 PM

Supes isn't going to be all powerful for long... not if Luthor is going to build Metallo in BvS... or if Darkseid comes along... which I guarantee will at some point.

teeter_g 07-14-15 05:36 PM

I stick with my four popcorn rating for this movie. I think it is really good. I can't wait to see BvS!

gandalf26 07-15-15 05:18 AM

I mean whoever decided not to use the original score for at least some of the movie needs to be fired. It's like the Bond movies, there's always new music but the underlying theme is so legendary that it's always used at some point.

Hanz Zimmer must have privately thought to himself "how the **** do I follow Williams LEGENDARY score??".