Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Home Theater Questions & Information (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How you watch so many movies? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=29171)

Miss Vicky 12-31-13 05:34 PM

Re: How you watch so many movies?

You're the one stupid enough to make claims you can't prove.

cinemaafficionado 12-31-13 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1008753)
You're the one stupid enough to make claims you can't prove.
ile

Anata wa honto baka desu. Ti si idiot. Vous et une imbecile. Que mierda.
A que causa fai con tu? Do you finaly get it?

The Sci-Fi Slob 12-31-13 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by cinemaafficionado (Post 1008758)
ile

Yeah, you have a faulty keyboard.

Miss Vicky 12-31-13 05:46 PM

ile

And this proves what? There are all sorts of translators online that can convert foreign language into English and vice versa.

Skepsis93 12-31-13 05:47 PM

Wie dumm denken Sie, sind wir?

I can use Google Translate too.

The Rodent 12-31-13 05:48 PM

Google translate was baffled by that sentence.

It detected 3 different languages mixed together randomly and couldn't decipher it.

Soul Surfer 12-31-13 05:50 PM

Who cares if he can speak 500 languages.

Frightened Inmate No. 2 12-31-13 05:54 PM

Vous et une imbecile.
is this supposed to be french? because it's not right.

cinemaafficionado 12-31-13 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Soul Surfer (Post 1008768)
Who cares if he can speak 500 languages.
Apparantly they do. Why else would they make an issue out of something someone else brought to their feeble attention.

cinemaafficionado 12-31-13 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 (Post 1008772)
is this supposed to be french? because it's not right.
Vous parles Francais? Dit mois.

The Sci-Fi Slob 12-31-13 05:56 PM

ไปมีเพศสัมพันธ์ตัวคุณเองคุณน่ารำคาญความสนใจแสวงหา celeb ตะกายชิ้นส่วนของอึป่วน!

Frightened Inmate No. 2 12-31-13 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by cinemaafficionado (Post 1008779)
Vous parles Francais? Dit mois.
my French is a little rusty, but i do remember that it's supposed to be vous etes un imbecile. the only thing that proves is that you didn't use google translate.

Yoda 12-31-13 06:02 PM

Wow, he's infected this thread, too? Back on topic. If he makes any more posts like this, they'll be deleted.

Mmmm Donuts 12-31-13 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 (Post 1008786)
my French is a little rusty, but i do remember that it's supposed to be vous etes un imbecile. the only thing that proves is that you didn't use google translate.
You're absolutely right. Come on CA, you gotta do better than that!

jal90 01-01-14 09:45 AM

ile

No.

On topic. I have watched 142 movies this year, which is fine considering that I haven't had a lot of time this year, for studying reasons... My main source is basically Internet, streaming or downloads. I don't find it specially difficult to watch at least one movie per day, though. Many times it's just a matter of not being in the mood for watching something.

lindalee 01-01-14 09:39 PM

Well, I like to collect DVD movies, so I always buy the DVD disc if my favorite movie released. But in order to protect the discs from being scratched, I choose to convert them from the DVD to my computer or my iPhone. And this is also very convenient for me to view the movies.

Nausicaä 01-02-14 01:20 PM

They have a box that protects them from scratches and if you are careful with the disc.

Jasper Monk 02-11-14 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Slimgee55 (Post 832434)
How do you personally go about picking your next film you want to see.
are you a fan of dvds, torrenting, netflix, etc... I just want some insight on what everyone else is doing
The thought of viewing films on a mobile phone or on a laptop depresses me. Never 'torrented'. I go to the cinema about twice a week. I also have a Lovefilm subscription so DVDs are regularly being posted to me from my wish-list of 100+ movies so I'll watch movies at home on my nice big plasma TV, or occasionally through my HD projector set-up.

I select movies through a variety of methods; preferred genres, favourite directors, actors etc... I will also check out Rotten Tomatoes UK just to get a critical overview for new releases. Less than 30% rating then I will ignore & choose something else. I'll only make an exception for romantic comedies as I find these tend to almost always be under-rated by critics who are invariably sad, male, middle-aged hacks.

Bottom line - life is too short to wade through average, crappy movies. I find it important for me to seek out highly regarded film-makers and make the time and effort to appreciate their work.

Pussy Galore 02-11-14 11:41 PM

Personally I watch all the movies I watch on DVD or Blu Ray. I have a membership at my videostore (10$ a month and I can rent anything I want except new releases), I also go to the library pretty often